“Good Old Fashioned Bar”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We came here two or three times during our stay. Its just an Irish Bar with a view but you get what is expected. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the Irish cider was very good and the food was good honest bar food. Gammon chips egg and beans was superb. Cottage Pie good if a little too much cheese. If you want British/Irish pub grub this is the place to come. Prices were reasonable. And a superb view over the beach and sea or people watch on the busy road. The sports on the many TV's were a good quality. I would come here for lunch and while away a couple of hours. Only slight issue was the regular expats that hogged the bar and stared at you strange sometimes!!!

There are newer reviews for Emerald Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stopped off here for a few beers while waiting to meet friends. Just love the atmosphere and service this place dishes out. We sat out on the street side on a very busy Friday night and had a great crack with so many people passing by and popping in and out. Fantastic service which was always with a smile.

1  Thank DnBzzzzz
Reviewed July 24, 2014

At only a few english pounds, I think it is 250 thai baht, the breakfast they provide is not only the best I have had in Samui, it is the best I have had anywhere. Served with a proper full mug of tea, excellent sausages, hash browns, baked beans, bacon and eggs done the way I like. Good sized servings.

I have not had the pleasure of trying the dinner yet but if the breakfast is anything to go by I definitely will as I live on the island. The bar staff are prompt with the orders and you never have to wait for a drink. The manager Jim is very friendly and always up for a good banter at the bar.

There is a nice mix of locals and tourist patrons. Best bar in Bho Phut for a night out. Best breakfast on the island.

1  Thank cking398
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Ate here twice during our recent visit to Koh Samui and was never disappointed! The first time I had the chilli con carne with chips (rice is also an option) and it was fantastic!
Next time I had two starters - nachos and onion rings. Both were hot and very tasty. The onion rings were home made which made a huge difference to the taste.
We'll definitely be going back next time we're in Samui. It's lovely sitting out the back looking out over the beach!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I went here for St. Patrick's day, and were not particularly impressed. The waitstaff did not know the menu, my meal did not come out correctly, and the coleslaw was more like mayonnaise soup. The bartender could not make a "Black and Tan," even after my husband explained what it was he wanted. Overall, highly disappointing for a place advertising itself as an Irish Pub - in reality, it is just a bar in Thailand with some shamrocks on the walls. I don't expect servers at a Thai bar to speak English, understand an Irish menu, or be able to prepare a standard Half and Half Irish beer. However, if a bar advertises itself as an "Irish pub," and heavily promotes a celebration of St Patty's day, then I do expect that the pub can live up to the expectations that they set for themselves.