“Well worth a visit”

and up
Photography Tour on Koh Samui
Ranked #6 of 153 things to do in Ko Samui
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Came across this by chance and was impressed. Very peaceful, far less commercialised than the neighbouring Big Budda , which I also liked.
Very pretty spiritual place. Remember to take your shoes off when instructed. Disappointed to see some tourists forgetting this was a tranquil place of worship.
There are toilet facilities here, a little basic but adequate.
Children loved it and you can feed the fish for very little cost.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Really worth a visit here, it's totally free to gain access although you are able to donate to the temple building fund and in return you get your name put on a roof tile/brick. It is situated very close to big Buddha, but is much quiter and not so tourist driven. Worth a visit

1  Thank Miss Moffat A
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place is a lot less commercial than the nearby Big Buddha temple which attracts many tourists. This temple is on the way from the Big Buddha to Choeng Mon and was very close to our hotel. We visited it once during our stay and would recommend visiting it if you are in the area. Apart from experiencing a Buddhist temple, you also get an opportunity to click a few nice photos.
The temple buildings are quite impressive and you can even enter one of them. The murals inside the temple are quite nice There are also two huge statues set in a lake approachable by short walkways- one of smiling Buddha and the other of multi-armed Goddess. The lake is filled with thousands of hungry fish. Bags of fish food can be purchased for a small amount to feed the fish.
Remember this is a place of worship and tourists should be respectful- wear appropriate clothes and remove footwear wherever indicated.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I rented a car and went all over the sites of inters, this was one of my stops. I used TripAdvisor to guide me though my I phone till I reach the places.

I enjoyed seeing something new, like this site, especially for its richness of greatness

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stop at this wat on a private tour with Tours Koh Samui. Much more interesting then the big Buddha next door. We like the temples build on the lake and the many fish at the lake. Great fun feeding them.
Very friendly place and interesting Buddha.

1  Thank michel_broke