“Money grabbing company with rude staff”

Lomprayah High Speed Catamaran
Ranked #55 of 145 things to do in Ko Samui
More attraction details
Owner description: Lomprayah High Speed Catamarans connect you to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chumphon, Koh Nangyuan, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Donsak Suratthani, Suratthani City and Airport, Krabi, Ao Nang, Koh Phi Phi, Nakhon Si Thammarrat Airport, Hat Yai, Khao Sok, Khao Lak, Koh Lanta and Phuket when traveling by catamaran/bus combination.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We travelled from donsak to koh Tao, all was fine with the bus transfer etc no problem. Then when we got to the boat I'd discovered that I'd lost my ticket (yes completely my fault) but I had a sticker with koh Tao on me and a luggage tag so I thought I had a chance of getting on the boat without having to pay again. How wrong was I! The first woman I talked to was so rude and I had to wait for all the passengers to get on before they paid me any attention, they then demanded I pay for another ticket because they needed the serial number, even though we explained that 4 of us had bought a ticket together and so the missing serial number In between was obviously my number. No good. I then explained my name was written down in the log book at the bus depo where we we're collected by the bus transfer and where they had given me my boat ticket. No good. Then when they started taking the ramp away we agreed to pay but even this was a nightmare! They requested 700 baht which we didn't have in our wallet so had to go into the bottom of our backpack so my partner swore, not to staff but to himself. One man then pointed his finger and pushed my partners cheek shouting in Thai and another member of Thai was screaming at him accusing him of swearing at her for about 5 minutes. eventually we paid the money and got on the boat, extremely frustrated and angry.

We then got the boat again back from koh Tao to chumpon after spending a week in koh Tao, thinking ok so it was my fault I lost the ticket maybe this time it will be ok. Again, the staff we're rude and obnoxious and just threw our bags around. Again we had a member of staff shout at us for moving some boxes because they we're digging into the back of our chairs. And again we wish we had never used this company.

Honestly the worst service I have experienced in Thailand so far. I would personally rather swim to an island than give this company any more money.

There are newer reviews for Lomprayah High Speed Catamaran

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Quite some negative reviews about this transport service. We booked a trip from Ao Nang to Koh Samui. Maybe not the most comfortable way of travelling, but the minivan was nice and the staff very friendly. Indeed they do not speak English perfectly, but bear in mind that this is Thailand..... In my opinion, an efficient and affordable way of travelling. We left Ao Nang at 8:15 to arrive in our hotel in Koh Samui at 15:00 for a total price of 650 per person. Overall positive

1  Thank Eugene_v_P
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We booked a 9:30 am ferry from Koh Tao arriving in Koh Samui at 11:30 am for a 1 pm flight to Bangkok and learned the hard way - do not rely on Lomprayah. Their ferry was one hour late and therefore we missed our 1 pm flight to Bangkok. The next 13 flights from Koh Samui are all booked as are all flights the next day. We are sitting in a hot non airconditioned airport on Koh Samui on standby for 4 hours now with no end in sight. I am very very angry and disappointed in Lomprayah ferry. They do NOT deserve your business.

2  Thank PattyDAtlanta
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We made Island transfer booking from Bangkok to Koh Phangan through Nok Air; their affiliated partners for Island Transfer are Lomprayah; we made that booking on 15 Jun 14 for our travel in August. Advance / early booking was made so that we have comfortable journey which though started well at Bangkok with Nok Air but at Surat Thani for no apparent reason we were denied timely boarding on bus for our transit travel to the pier. We reached the bus stop outside the arrival terminal well in time but those coming after us were boarded and we were told to wait. The first bus got filled and we were told that we will be adjusted in next bus which came immediately but again we were denied timely boarding and were thus the last one to board; resultantly no good seats were available and we sat in the last row. Those who came after us were given priority and most of them I believe had purchased tickets from the counter at the airport there and then. The agony further compounded once we were also not able to get any seat in Lomprayah High Speed Catamarn as we were last ones to arrive for being in the last row of seats of 2nd Bus and the ship was overbooked and we had to adjust ourselves on the plastic stools. Guess, those who make last minute bookings directly with Lomprayah are much better off and probably at cheaper rates. We expected a better service from Nok Air and that too after making such an early / advance booking. It may not be a big problem if seats for Nok Air Island transfer passangers / customers are reserved both in bus and ship. We unfortunately have now serious reservations about using Nok Air and Lomprayah ever again. If you have no choice then at Surat Thani, don’t listen to their staff, just board the bus with your luggage as those buses will go to both the piers for your island transfer to anywhere from Surat Thani whether it is Ko Summai, Phangan, Tao or you may confirm the bus destination after occupying the seats in the bus. We would be using Air Asia for our return journey and can’t yet comment on their services but the fare is much cheaper then Nok / Lomprayah.
PS. If no other option and you are compelled to use Lomprayah for Island transfer and cant find a seat then go to upper deck for VIP Seats, would cost additional 150 THB but you will have a comfortable trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I chose this company because they took 45 minutes of the usual travel time compared to other ferry operators.
From the moment we left the airport I knew something was up. The bus to ferry point was old, uncomfortable. You arrive at ferry terminal and told to wait, boat departs at 4pm. However at 3:50pm we are all standing around wondering when we will get on this boat. Then everybody rushes the boat and staff cannot handle this onslaught of passengers. Not enough seats for everybody, boat is heavily overbooked. When we arrive at dock in Samui told to wait for company van about 20 minutes. 55 minutes later van arrives, then staff start arguing with driver, which passengers to take and where. For a country that has an economy in the doldrums a better attitude towards tourists and the money they inject into the economy would be beneficial to all.

1  Thank Simon V