Tamarind Springs Forest Spa
Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Quality services and natural Paradis

Very nice place, with high quality services and unique naturel Paradis. We have been in there for 3... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $25.09
from $312.49
from $78.95
More Info
All reviews steam caves rock pools spa experience hour massage herbal steam plunge pool head massage pools and steam rooms oil massage dream package hour package body scrub pure bliss amazing spa massage area unique experience thai herbs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful tropical haven with butterflies and birds flying around the plunge pools. Our massages (I had oil, my husband had Thai) were amazing - so relaxing up in the tree houses - I loved hearing the wildlife during the massage. I loved it here and I’ve only refrained from the top score because it was very expensive, easily the most we’ve paid for massages anywhere in the world. I do think the place and massages were fantastic, but once you’ve added in the service and tax charges, it is quite eye-watering.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place on trip advisor and after reading all the reviews positive and negative we decided to go.

Yes it’s expensive and yes there are cheaper places. But it’s not just about the massage it’s the whole environment you are in. It’s beautiful, the herbal caves are hot and the cooling plunge pools are cold which is a nice match.

My massage was amazing I went there with clicking shoulder and by the end of it all the knots and tension was gone.

Staff are amazing from greeting us on arrival to saying good bye.

The only thing is they use a third party taxi service for pick ups and drop off. The pick off driver was awful like he didn’t have a licence. I let the staff know and they got us another driver for the way back which was fine.

So in summary and wonderful way to spend an afternoon

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, outstanding massage and great service. The area feels like jungle paradise. Absolutely worth the money. Come first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds.

Date of experience: January 2020
TamarindSprings, Owner at Tamarind Springs Forest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Tamarind Springs Forest Spa and taking time to share your great experience with us.

We are delighted to hear of your overall positive comments.
It makes us feel very special when our guests can recognize that.
And I will most definitely make sure that your kind appreciation is communicated pass to our team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kulnisa Kullapaspawit
Owner

Reviewed December 28, 2019

The massage was truly amazing.would go again just for the massage but not for the steam caves.
The first steam cave did not have steam probably cause they open at 9am and we were the first ones there. The second steam cave had steam. When we gave this feedback on the form and over whatsapp and telephone the receptionist was defensive and argumentative and put the phone down on me. I was totally shocked by this.
I put feedback on the website and asked to speak to the manager and got no response. Customer service of probably one or two of the staff members is seriously lacking. I get the feeling the feedback I provided was deleted and never got to the management same as the whatsapp messages. Would rather go to a hotel spa with sea view that's the same price and has better customer service then I can recommend other people to come with me. I would not recommend this purely because of the customer service experience I had with two of the staff members at the tamarind spa.

Date of experience: December 2019
TamarindSprings, Manager at Tamarind Springs Forest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Dear Ms. Kaycee Lazic,

Thank you for sharing your feedback publicly.

We always appreciate our guests’ feedbacks including your frank comments. Similarly, allow me to be frank and let me tell you that your feedback feels to us like "Yin and Yang”: While you seemed very content and satisfied with our service and facilities during your visit, I understand that your opinion changed after leaving Tamarind Springs, saying that you are after all disappointed by the lack of steam in the steam caves and the behavior of our staff.

As one of Asia’s top Spas with unique natural Rock Steam Caves, we employ staff specifically to constantly monitor the combination of steam, temperature and herbs, providing a not only safe but memorable experience to our guests. Please understand that you share the steam caves with other guests, and that by default we have to adjust the steam conditions to an average most people feel comfortable with. On the day of your visit we had several other guests and received nothing but positive comments.

At Tamarind Springs we try our level best to satisfy our customers and deliver value for money. Our guests come from around the world with many different cultural backgrounds. Having worked in the service industry, with over 20 years experience our team is well trained in conducting “difficult conversations” with customers who may react emotionally or make
demands beyond agreed terms and conditions. Nevertheless, being a high end Spa, we do our utmost to treat everyone with due respect. During your phone call with one of my staff you used words that were very disrespectful, overstepping the limits of what we consider acceptable. Understandably, my staff felt insulted by your way of talking to him and hung up on the telephone conversation with you.

We have learned yet again, and will integrate this experience into our day-to-day processes.

We wish you a happy stay on the island, and a happy New Year 2020.

Kind regards,
Tamarind Springs Forest Spa Management
Sparadise Ltd

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

Amazing all around. Would strongly recommend. We had pools and steam rooms for an hour followed but a 2h30m massage in a couples room. All the staff were brilliant and really made us feel welcomed

Date of experience: December 2019