Tamarind Springs Forest Spa
Review Highlights
Quality services and natural Paradis

Very nice place, with high quality services and unique naturel Paradis. We have been in there for 3... read more

Reviewed January 30, 2020
Laura S
Tranquil place

This place is stunning , the staff are all so helpful , friendly and calm. There are two steam... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2020

from $23.59
from $57.09
from $82.46
More Info
All reviews steam caves spa experience herbal steam head massage pools and steam rooms oil massage plunge scrub therapist koh thai butterflies
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019

This was surely a unique experience! My husband and I are big fans of spa and go to at least one wherever we travel, so it is difficult to surprise us... But Tamarind Springs forest spa delivered above our expectations - starting with a very helpful receptionist who helped me book my appointment over the phone, then they sent a complimentary pick up at our hotel as we were pretty far (about half an hour away from the spa), after a briefing about the process by a receptionist we were escorted to another reception area, where they asked us for our phones to take them away for the entire time of our 4-hours Forest Dreaming package and I LOVED IT!!! Not only it kept me focused on enjoying the whole experience, but it is also a great respect for other guests’ privacy plus it eliminates moments when I would have to wait to enjoy a plunge at one of the pools if someone would have been there taking their Instagram photos annoyingly long, like it happens frequently in other places :) So great call on Tamarind! Steam rooms are mind blowing!!!
Now the massage - at first I thought “well, 2.5 hours massage might be a bit too long” but when it was over, I could not believe how fast the time flew by! My therapist Eye did their famous “twice as nice Prakop” therapy for me and it was blissful... Wow wow wow! She certainly has magic hands and made me feel very comfortable at all times. My husband had an upper back therapy (that area is always extremely stiff and problematic for him) with a lady Daren, and he said she did a wonderful job too.
And of course the price - sure, it is much more expensive than you will see anywhere in Samui or Bangkok or anywhere else in Thailand, but you can’t compare those $15 massages in small parlours to the experience that Tamarind Springs Forest Spa offers... Those are just two different worlds. What you’ll have here is an unforgettable experience in a unique natural setting and you’ll collect the best memories. So give yourself a favor, book an appointment, go with an open mind and enjoy !!!

P.S. The only thing that would make me want to give them 6 stars out of 5 , is if they refresh their amenities a bit - sinks, toilets, showers work just fine but looked a bit old and “tired” and I felt it is time they are replaced for more polished looking ones.

Certainly five star spa throughout the whole process!!!

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank margaritak898
Reviewed June 21, 2019

Myself and 3 friends did the Forest Dreaming package here and each of us raved about our treatments. Starting from relaxing in the rock pools and heat caves, then the treatments in the outdoor bungalows on the hill followed by the delicious snacks in the cafe afterwards.

This is a spa that has paid a lot of attention to detail and where the staff are truely excellent at what they do. The gardens are so tranquil and beautiful, wandering through those make you feel so relaxed. Phones and cameras are collected at reception and placed in the safe, I'm assuming for privacy and relaxation purposes.

2 of us had the Twice as Nice Prakop massage which went for 2.5hrs and both agreed it was one of the best massages we had ever had. The other 2 had the oil massage and facials and said the therapists were wonderful. All four of us thought this was one of the best day spas we have been to. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Crossleys5
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many spas but this place is the best one! Amazing location! Friendly staff! Great price!
Highly recommended
A must in Koh Samui

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

The herbal steam cave, herbal bath and exotic natural environment is awesome. Followed by the great heat / cold stone massage for 2.5 hours is also incredible. They served the quality vegetarian snacks. Overall 5 star ratings. I wish to visit again.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

And it was one of the best spa experiences. The service from reception, the knowledge of the therapist and receptionist was impressive and facilities are amazing. If it rains and there is nothing to do, pamper yourself with the tamarind treatment. I was given a treatment as a special treat arranged by tamarind and I have to say I regret I put it on the last day of my second stay, as it was so fantastic. Just can recommend you go and try.