“Paradise!”

Tamarind Springs Forest Spa
Ranked #1 of 108 Spas & Wellness in Ko Samui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many Koh Samui spa resorts, but Tamarind Springs Forest Spa at Lamai - Koh Samui's tranquil and picturesque East coast - offers you a unique Thailand holiday and spa experience:* Seek ultimate spa relaxation at Thailand's first dedicated Day Spa on Koh Samui* Get away from it all. Unwind and experience unique Koh Samui accommodation in private villas, surrounded by tropical gardens, in close proximity to our magnificent spa facilities and just a short walk to Lamai beach* Learn massage at Thailand's first dedicated professional massage training academy on Koh Samui * Enjoy healthy and home-made food at Tamarind Springs' open-air Spa Café. Tamarind Springs Forest Spa on Koh Samui is inspired by its superb location, bordering Lamai's tropical forest interior, where lush coconut groves gently slope into a valley of huge granite boulders. Built out of love and respect for Koh Samui's unique landscape, every effort has been made to fluidly integrate all man-made structures of this serene and exclusive Samui spa into Lamai's indigenous surroundings. In 2008, Tamarind Springs Forest Spa on Koh Samui was awarded both "The Award of Outstanding Performance for Health Tourism" by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and "Asia Spa's" highly coveted "Day Spa of the Year Award for Excellence" .
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is amazing. I almost wanna cry because it was so beautiful and peaceful. This is what my soul needs. I only had steam caves and natural pools, but still I was so happy after spending couple of hours there.Lunch was perfect and that scrub you use there was so good! Staff is amazing too. Okay, I booked a new time. Going again after three days, YES!

1  Thank Susarope
TamarindForestSpa, Marketing & Business Development Manager at Tamarind Springs Forest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear visitor,

many thanks for your most generous and heartfelt review here. The words you chose really mean a lot to us and we are so pleased that you decided to return for a massage treatment, and of course would like to hear whether we met or exceeded your expectations again.

Your Tamarind Springs Team

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place was amazing, we had a group of 8 girls and they looked after us so well. Amazing natural settings, so relaxing. One of the best massages and organic afternoon tea ever, i am coming back and cant wait!!! Worth the extra money by far!

1  Thank hollysomer
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and unique place where you do massage in the middle of the nature.
Very nice staff and professional.
Thank you Dum.

2  Thank Traveler M
Reviewed September 17, 2013

2 words describe the place "The Best". Totally relaxing place and worth every cent. It aint cheap but it is well worth a visit.

2  Thank Ivan G
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I went for the 'Forest Dreaming' package, having seen this package available online. This was 5,500 baht per person for this 4 hour, which included a 2.5 hour massage with the rest of the time for time in the steam rooms and plunge pools. In addition, a filling lunch of healthy dumplings and drinks was included.

Facilities
The steam rooms and plunge pools are formed around actual rocks - it really is an impressive sight to see. When sat in the plunge pools, you really are sat amongst nature. The massages take place in wooden huts that are high up on stilts so that when you look out, all you can see are the tree tops and the only sounds are the birds.

Massage
This was amazing. I thought I'd be bored out of my mind for 2.5 hours, but the time really does fly and I'm pretty sure I dozed off on a number of occasions. You can say how much pressure you can cope with and the masseuse did smooth out a number of knots in my back.

Rest of the day
We didn't feel too rushed for the rest of the day, even though we had another 1.5 hours as part of our package. Although it is at the expensive end of things to do in Koh Samui, I don't regret going here at all. Amazing experience.

Tips
By spending more than 10,000 baht, we were also entitled to a chauffeur to AND from your hotel, which saves a lot of hassle.
Also, the pathway to the plunge pools can be VERY slippery so take appropriate footwear.

4  Thank pandaexplorer

Dear visitor,

of course we always feel appreciated when our customers leave glowing reviews here on Tripadvisor. However, the true mark of a good review is when other readers find it useful to make sound holiday decisions and allows them to plan their own activities in a way that will prove rewarding.

So we thank you for really taking the time to cover all the different aspects of the Tamarind Springs experience for the Tripadvisor readership, such as the massage package you chose & the quality of our therapists, the pick-up & hotel return transport we provide, our unique facilities and tropical surroundings, the food, and the slow & tranquil pace of the experience.

Please visit us again sometime, we would be delighted to have you back.