“Amazing spa experience”

Tamarind Springs Forest Spa
Ranked #1 of 97 Spas & Wellness in Ko Samui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many Koh Samui spa resorts, but Tamarind Springs Forest Spa at Lamai - Koh Samui's tranquil and picturesque East coast - offers you a unique Thailand holiday and spa experience:* Seek ultimate spa relaxation at Thailand's first dedicated Day Spa on Koh Samui* Get away from it all. Unwind and experience unique Koh Samui accommodation in private villas, surrounded by tropical gardens, in close proximity to our magnificent spa facilities and just a short walk to Lamai beach* Learn massage at Thailand's first dedicated professional massage training academy on Koh Samui * Enjoy healthy and home-made food at Tamarind Springs' open-air Spa Café. Tamarind Springs Forest Spa on Koh Samui is inspired by its superb location, bordering Lamai's tropical forest interior, where lush coconut groves gently slope into a valley of huge granite boulders. Built out of love and respect for Koh Samui's unique landscape, every effort has been made to fluidly integrate all man-made structures of this serene and exclusive Samui spa into Lamai's indigenous surroundings. In 2008, Tamarind Springs Forest Spa on Koh Samui was awarded both "The Award of Outstanding Performance for Health Tourism" by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and "Asia Spa's" highly coveted "Day Spa of the Year Award for Excellence" .
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing spa experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The main attraction of this spa is the setting I think. You are outside the whole time and feel a million miles away from the rest of the world. Our treatment was 5500 Baht (approx $190) so it is more than if you went for a massage in town but as I said you are paying for the whole environment. I think as a special treat it is worth it. We had over an hour in the pools and steam rooms then 90 min massage treatment. A delicious lunch was also included.

1 Thank Anne L

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very relaxing and beautiful”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

As an end of our amazing trip to Koh Samui we decided to visit the islands famous forest spa, and we don't regret it! It was very amazing with a sauna in the rocks, and tiny little lakes between the rocks in the joungle. The service was excellent. It says that this spa is very expensive and that's right, but it is expensive for a reason! It's really quality work they do here. Nothing is doing half way. And at the end of the massage they made a beautiful braid in my hair with flowers and everything, ready to dinner at the night! :-) Thank you Tamarind Spring Spa!
Phones and cameras is not allowed here.

1 Thank Madelen95
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolute serenity and bliss. A must do!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked the forest dream package for both of us as a good bye to our koh samui trip, I can positively tell you that we couldn't have chosen a better way to spend our last afternoon at the beautiful island. They have truly made a little haven for all spa lovers!! It is of course on a pricier side but trust me, spend less somewhere and plan this in your budget, as you will not be disappointed.
We were welcomed by drinks and were given information and guidance to choose the type of massage. Our forest dream package was a 2.5 hr massage and we were given an indefinite time for the steam cave and the rock pool. There were two natural body scrubs which one could use during steaming, something my husband enjoyed a lot. We were served a light lunch of fish/crab cakes, vegetable rolls and fresh fruit plus a good selection of drinks. I personally loved the fish cakes!! Wished i could have had more!! We both decided to have the "twice as nice prakop massage" which is thai herbs wrapped in a cloth, steamed and pressed onto the body along with different massage techniques. Our therapists were very knowledgeable and courteous. They took care of all our needs and gave us the best massage we have had to date. I can go on about the professionalism and the techniques they used, but its not needed, you need to try it to know what I mean.
I was given a beautiful hair do by my therapist at the end of my treatment which was the icing on the cake for me!! I'm still admiring my hairdo!!!

All in all, we loved our afternoon at Tamarind Springs and would love to be back here on our next trip to Koh Samui.
A must do for Everyone!!

1 Thank Maryem Z
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

One of the most breathtaking spas I've ever been to. The scenery is incredible as are the treatments which take place in huts built up along the hillside. The 2 and a half hour treatment went by far to quickly. Would love to return sometime and spend even longer.

1 Thank anderson_caa
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went here and had the 4 hour dream package to celebrate my birthday. It was the most amazing experience. We spent about 2 hours lazing in the rock pools and steam room before having the best massage of my life. I opted for the oil massage and the head massage with hot coconut oil. It was brilliant. I have never felt more relaxed after a massage. The staff were all very friendly and the location was simply stunning. We were also provided free transfers to and from our hotel. Whilst this place is pricey in terms of other spas in koh samui I highly recommend experiencing it for yourself. You won't be disappointed !

2 Thank SarahandPete2011