“Tour boat was big, service not too friendly, but worth the sights!”
Review of Samui Island Tour

Samui Island Tour
Ranked #70 of 157 Tours in Ko Samui
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We took the tour boat option due to my in-laws not big snorkelers and having bad backs. The food served was sub-par at best. Kayaking was fun as as lagoon hike and beach time. Snorkeling at beach was poor and worst part was the unfriendly staff on the boat. Otherwise, a fun time seeing Ang Thong!

All reviews
"memorable trip"
"lovely crew"
"mae koh"

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The one day trip which cost about $60 per person, it's an absolute waste of time and money

The van on the way there was cramped and not was seat was empty, meaning you were squished between people and/or separated from the person/people you are traveling with, this wouldn't be
So bad but it was a very long ride, about 45 minutes from lamai

On arrival you enter a very basic boat whih is also packed with 80 people or so which leaves little room, the kayaking was average, you go through a cave ect, nothing mind blowing, the walk up to the lagoon is VERY steep and I can imagine very hard for older people, that's not tr tours fault however it's the infrastructure that has been built a warning for the oldies would have been nice to see as
I noticed many struggling, some not even making it to the lagoon. the beach you head to is dirty and don't even bother with snorkeling the water is extremely murky

I couldn't beleive the other reviews were mentioning how great the lunch was, the dried chicken was cold, everything else was some of the worst Thai food I've had, while the instructors were eating different/better looking food

I WOULD NOT RECOMENT THIS TOUR TO ANYBODY

The lagoon itself is underwhelming, don't waste your time.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We took the tour to Ang Thong Marine Park on August 12th, 2012 with Samui Island Tour, and our boat had almost drowned.
This company is so irresponsible and I would recommend to stay away from them!

The story went like this:
We left Koh Samui in the morning in one of their boats. We were 100 people on the boat. About half way to the park, the boat engine died. First the German tour guide woman told us we had to go back to Samui, and that we'll get our money back. This was disappointing to all of us, but we accepted it. Then she offered us another alternative: we can be towed by one of the other boats to the park and back, still do the kayaking, snorkelling and sight seeing at a much slower pace. She put the matter into a vote. Everyone voted for this option, since we didn't want to miss out.
Everything was fine at first: we arrived to the park, did all the activities. The park is beautiful and the beach is great, lunch was great, etc.
Then we started our way back to Samui. It became dark and a storm started! The waves became very high, and our boat was rocking and shaking. People almost fell off the deck! Still no company representative talked to us and told us what was going on! They didn't advice us to go into the boat. There were small babies and children on the boat, but they didn't seemed to mind.. When we shouted at them, they agreed to give us life vests... I can honestly say it was terrifying..
At the end a bigger boat arrived and towed us ashore. The company representatives waited for us in Samui and gave us water and cookies to compensate us. Thanks a lot, guys! I guess our compensation is that we came back alive, and that we shouldn't complain...
In summary, stay away from this tour operator..

3  Thank Shirley_Singer
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Backstory: 2 friends and I booked this tour because we wanted to spend a couple nights in the marine park, and the only way to do this was to go with an organized tour. We were to be dropped off at a beachside campground to be picked up 2 days later. We chose this trip because it was the cheapest option to get there.

Tour: The tour was going pretty well. There were loads of people on the boat, but for the price we didn't expect a private yacht. We departed Koh Samui and went to Thale Nai, a beautiful lagoon inside an island. Then we had a surprisingly good lunch of curry and fried chicken. No complaints there, great job on the lunch.

Trouble in paradise: From there, we went to the beach where we were to be dropped off. My friends and I were gathering our belongings, which needless to say were more than most passengers. It took us longer than any others, and all the boats departed before we were ready. We had to ask the German (?) tour guide to call us a boat back to take us to the island. As we were waiting, we watched the workers clean up from dinner. Then, we saw the unthinkable. They were dumping EVERYTHING overboard from lunch. Watermelon rinds, napkins, leftover food, and all other sorts of trash. They threw the wash water right into the protected national marine park. WTF??? I wish I had gotten a better picture to share, but all I could get was the one provided.

Why on Earth do only a few tour companies get to come to the park because it's "protected", only to destroy the ecosystem they're meant to protect? This is mindboggling shortsightedness, and I condemned this in the strongest terms possible to the staff. I would NOT recommend this tour unless you want to contribute to the destruction of this beautiful island chain. I've been to Halong Bay recently, and the amount of litter there was disgusting and made me afraid to jump in the water. I would hate to have that happen here in Ang Thong Marine Park. What happened to responsible tourism, or tour providers actually giving a $#!7 about the places they go to. Pfft. Samui Island Tour, shame, shame, shame on you. DO NOT TOUR WITH THIS COMPANY!

6  Thank Jahorgie
See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2012

we are an older couple but loved this tour. we took the kayaking option and the programme was varied and well timed. there was enough time to see all the sights, even if you were not super fit. there was plenty of free time to swim, laze on the beach or snooze under a palm tree on the grass in the afternoon. the snorkeling wasn't great either in kind or visibility as there were too many people in the shallows at low tide but even this did not detract from a wonderful day. i did not go around to the next cove to check out the visibility which i am told is much better. the staff were knowledgable about history and natural world in the park. Leam, Christina and Jom were fun and have a great sense of humour. they managed matching kayaks and lifejackets and longtail boats really well. the equipment is good quality and in good condition. the food and drinks were excellent. the guides were also very attentive to safety and little details like getting your fingers squashed between kayaks or between the boat and the pier. remember to pack good walking shoes 1 hour hike up to the view point at Wua Ta Lap Island. also keep some cash on you for an iced fruit drink at one of the stops. this is a tour for all ages and stages. a four year old even jumped off the big boat into the sea with all other the brave guys. the day trip is well worth the money!