“Spectacular sunset”

Big John’s Restaurant
Ranked #427 of 1,335 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Big John’s Restaurant is set aside the soft sands of Lipa Beach. The varied menu includes the best in Thai cuisine, as well as a delicious selections of Western cuisine all prepared with the freshest of ingredients. A casual beachside atmosphere prevails during the day, Big John’s transforms itself from aspacious, sunny open air ,dining experience in the afternoons to a romantically sultry evening restaurant offering luxury dining close to the beach. Tables are set on the sand, candles are lit,and guests enjoy fine dining into the night. The restaurant also offers a popular fish menu and has a good choice of fine wines, in the evening, Big Johns becomes a truly romantic location with soft lighting and tables set on an airy terrace.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

If you want to see a fantastic sunset, this is the place to go! Right on the beach and the sun sets in front of you! Didn't eat but had lovely cocktails, staff friendly. Would have gone back to eat but ran out of days. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good food, near the hotel and reasonably priced. There's also a pool table and football table to keep the little and big kids amused !

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Went there because we were looking for an alternative too Mango Tree or Kanok Buri. Was not worth it. The food was average.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Brilliant selection of food and drink all priced competitively. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was exceptional. All very clean and right on the beach overlooking the beautiful sunset. You must visit here.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

dined here last night. setting fabulous. end of kid's party which didn't add fabulously to the glorious sunset but these things happen. Sat right by side of beach. beautiful view Service to start with non existent (bit table of Scandis nearby, remnants of the children's party, but still staff hanging around doing not very much - and certainly not as a minimum acknowledging new arrivals). Eventually we were able to attract someone's attention and that's when the fun started

Hubby ordered beer. I asked to see winelist (why don't restaurants of this purported standard just hand it over along with the cocktail/drinks menu). I chose a sauvingon blanc. Didn't have. Either bottle. Ok, there does seem to be a shortage of SB in Thailand at the moment. Hence why I carry my own wine stock in car.

I asked if I could drink my own wine (a normal thing to do in Thailand where wine isn't sold). Was told yes but there would be a corkage charge of 250 baht. I baulked at this saying if they had either of the wines I wanted in stock, I wuld have bought from them. They didn't, so I can't, so why should I pay

We got up to leave. Server did have presence of mind to talk to manager and eventually agreed not to charge. But why go through the process in the first place and just upset the customer (I do agree that if there is wine to be purchased then a corkage charge is more than fair)

So after that blip, which just shows bad training, we settled down and had a fabulous meal. Service was thereafter superb, food excelent (we just had hamburger, steak sandwich type meal as we were in desperate need of a falang fix) but we saw other dishes of duck, seafood etc coming out and they looked gorgeous Will definitely be back to try and think this is a great place in waht is a somewhat culinary desert of the island

1  Thank Carolineess