“monkeys”

Luton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“monkeys”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I visited the park April 2013.. with my 2 daughters, 2 grandsons and some friends..
My eldest daughter held the monkey, but my friends daughter was scared to hold the monkey and panicked when the keeper threw the monkey on her as she is only 6 years old..The monkey got frightened, and scratch my friends daughter...The keeper of monkey kicked the monkey so hard, the children were crying..
He then took the monkey down a side opening where he was seen to punch and kick the monkey so hard he was sweating, he had to take his t shirt off to carry on with the beating...Please do not go to this park...the animals are mistreated.

10 Thank Teri d

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
bangkok
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun day out, great for kids, worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good fun day, took my 2 year old nephew, good introduction to some animals such as parrots, cockatoos, monkeys, deer, rabbits, emu's etc. They allow you to feed some of the animals which was fun and good photo opportunity. They also have some small swings, climbing frame and slides to play on. There is small restaurant for some lunch etc as well as a pool to cool down if you so wish. Entry fee i think was 400 thai baht for adults and free for kids ( not sure what age they will charge but for 2 year old was free ). All in all worth a trip as something different to see in Samui.

1 Thank davemcg74
Copenhagen
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

First of all, it's not a very big place and there are not lots of animals like a Zoo. Anyway as two adults only, we did have a great time! We had much fun feeding the birds and it was nice to have a swim in the pool on a hot day. Also there is a very nice view from there, it's almost the highest point on Samui. I think it's a bit expensive compared to other things, but there is no fee to feed birds, have pictures taken with monkey etc., so it's OK.

When we visited, there was not a lot of other people, I think the whole experience would have been worse, if it was crowded with people.

We took a private tour (pay extra for - but there is really no tour, you go around yourself), which meant we could leave when we wanted to. I'm glad we did, as it is not a very big place, so after 3 hours we had tried everything (included a swim).

Some of the animals was chained outside so you could play with them, the chains where a little short in my opinion, but it seemed like most of the animals where ok (Thai standards) - but I'm certainly not an expert.

Overall a nice experience I would recommend to try, especially if you have kids, but adults can go too ;-)

Bangkok, Thailand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a good day out it you like small animals. My daughters (age 8 and 6) loved the place, especially the guinea pigs! I thought the entrance fee was reasonable because it takes a bit of money to maintain these places properly. I was a bit unhappy to see chained up monkeys and parrots though, but the animals seemed much better cared for than most parks in Thailand.There are really pretty landscaped gardens and an amazing view from the swimming pool.
I was saddened by the behaviour of some of the other tourists - very rude to staff and letting their kids handle the animals too roughly. I felt there was an atmosphere of mutual contempt in the restaurant between the tourists and the staff working there, and the service was chilly, but perhaps understandable if you watch some of the other visitors.

1 Thank Irnbru4ever
Amphoe Koh Sa-mui, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Simple, friendly, fun for kids and parents alike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Don't let the drive up this hill throw you off! This little open zoo type place is a gem in Koh Samui! Friendly staff and animals. Kids will never want to leave! Feed the animals and enjoy the amazing view and beautiful flowers. Where else can you brush a monkey? Nice and cool too!