“As authentic Thai as your likely to get!”

Mit Samui Restaurant
Ranked #256 of 1,354 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great food, great prices and great staff. The restaurant is basic, plastic chairs, plastic dishes, but the taste of the food is as authentic as you are likely to get in a tourist area. Look out for the locals! Isn't that the best recommendation this restaurant good have?

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here with about 10 friends of ours that are Thai. They recommended the place so we had pretty high expectations for Thai food. We planned on going for dinner, but ended up going pretty late, at about 11:00pm. The restaurant is all open air with fans, more of a family style dining with long tables and folding chairs. The menu is in both Thai and English which makes it really easy to order. All together, we had about 8 large bottles of Chang, chicken satay, 2 Fried Fish with sweet and sour which was really delicious, 2 plates of squid salad, 2 plates of shrimp spicy salad, an order of fried pork with spicy sauce, fried rice, and an order of fried noodles with squid and shrimp which also had some veggies in it (this was my favorite dish). All in all the meal was awesome! Very authentic and very delicious. The staff were not that quick, but that was ok with us because we were there just to eat and socialize. Our total was just over 3000 baht which we thought was pretty good for how much food we had. I would definitely recommend this place and I hope we can try it again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

They refurbished and now looks even cleaner and more decent than before. Used to be just at the corner of a wet market. Both got upgraded. Food wise is decent (I'm a picky Malaysian with a good husband/personal chef). I usually come here when I'm not keen to take risks on trying out new restaurants in Chaweng. Hahaha my lazy comfort food place. The mango shake at 50baht is real value for money. This time we also tried the stewed pork trotters rice with salted veg. The BBQ cockles and the chili that comes with it is gr8

1  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed October 24, 2013

One of the staff at the hotel recommended this restaurant, we are glad they did because we went back again. Great food at great prices. We had curries, pad thai and seafood dishes over the times we went there. All tasted great. Also had wifi.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was recommended this restaurant by one of our taxi drivers and we absolutely loved the food. Best Tom Yum soup we had in Thailand and the freshest seafood. Fresh fruit juices stand was great too.