“A Must Do in Samui!”

100 Degrees East Dive Team
Ranked #1 of 152 Tours in Ko Samui
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving and Snorkeling at its BestSamui's premiere Marine Team, specialising in a professional and personalised service. Offering dive education courses and tours and exclusive snorkeling tours to Koh Tao and Angthong National Marine Park. With a guaranteed maximum number of just 12 guests on any tour, you’ll be diving and snorkeling clear of the crowds to the top destinations in the Gulf of Thailand. Customer safety, service and satisfaction are our always our priority.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My 15 year old son and I just went scuba diving with 100 Degrees. It was my son's first time diving and I have done several "resort" dives in the past - but I am by no means an experienced diver. We were a little apprehensive due to our lack of skills but John, our instructor, soon had us feeling like naturals. My son said John reminded him of his favorite teacher at school - VERY patient, kind, funny and he obviously really new his stuff. He bent over backwards to make sure we were 100% comfortable the entire day. Best of all, he came to our resort the day before and spent almost 2 hours in the pool with us - no charge! so we would be ready for the dive the next day and not have to spend a lot of time with the instructional stuff on the actual dive. (note: We were staying at the Four Seasons Hotel but I believe they do "instructional" visits to other hotels as well). As an extra bonus the Thai lunch we had at the beach was excellent too.

My husband snorkeled with some of the other passengers on the boat while we did our dives. He said it was good, but if there is any constructive criticism I might add, it would be to give more attention to the snorkelers - their guides didn't seem to be as friendly or as helpful (the Thai guys who were helping out didn't crack a smile once the whole trip). Since the snorkeling fee is rather high- I'm not sure it's worth the extra baht. However, I would recommend the dive with John 100 percent-this seems like their specialty!

These guys won't be your cheapest option, but they're worth the extra money as they couldn't have been more helpful and attentive - they even set up the car ride from the hotel to their boat. As well, they own the boat (most dive companies just share a boat with several other companies) so they kept the number of divers low (approx. 12 people) and if a place looked like it was going to be crowded with other tourists they'd pick another location. I've done dives in several places (Hawaii, Australia, the Carribean) and this was by far the most impressive

Thank you to John and 100 Degrees for the wonderful day and the priceless experience & memories.

There are newer reviews for 100 Degrees East Dive Team

Reviewed March 21, 2013

An amazing experience! These guys are so professional, friendly and well organised. We absolutely loved our snorkelling tour to Koh Tao. They only bring a maximum of 12 people on each tour and they also pick the right time to visit each of the spots on the itinerary so as to avoid crossing paths with the other tours that are running. Slightly more expensive than the other tour companies, but you get what you pay for - it really is worth every penny, so don't think twice about booking with anyone else. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The team were wonderful, hotel pick up & return, great food, amazing locations, we went on both the Ang Thong and Koh Tao tours and everything was very well organised, the crew also included a guide who spoke a number of languages with other tourists.

2  Thank Brooke L
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I went to the marine park with 100 Degrees East yesterday and had an amazing day - that's the short story.

We searched a day trip before arriving but didn't book it because we prefer the 'traveller, not a tourist' ethos... We walked into their office a few days ago where Ivan warmly invites us in, asked if we'd like a drink and then discussed why they do what they do before even talking about what they do. He then made sure we were going to have a great day before we booked anything. He then wouldn't take our money - you pay when you're happy!

On the day, John, Letitia and the team were brilliant. Very helpful, very welcoming and genuinely interested in getting to know you. We had maybe 12 people from 6 different countries and cultures and efforts were made to speak everybody's language and to make everybody feel involved in the day. The Thai crew even wished everybody Bon Apetite!

As everybody else here has no doubt said, we spent the day avoiding the crowds and seeing all the sites while gaining some great local knowledge.

I've lived in the Whitsundays in Australia, where I had many friends who were excellent tourist operators. Ivan and his team are up there with the very best of them. If you can get a seat on their boat, you will have the best day you can imagine.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Selected this company because I read some bad reviews of the other snorkel tours being crowded and unpleasant....so glad I did!!!
Boat ride was comfortable as they limit the number of people on the tour, unlike the other boats that pack people in like sardines.
It was also nice how they timed arrival at the popular snorkel sites to avoid the crowds. Just as we were leaving, the masses would arrive.
Helpful, knowledgeable staff and a great day in the water!!!!

1  Thank stephskier