Lucky Mother Bungalow
$915
$766
$298
$90
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$110
$65
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Amari.com
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$95
$76
Agoda.com
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$192
$188
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$750
$553
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
$433
$224
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$121
Priceline
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$268
$160
Priceline
All reviewsark barbasic roomrestaurants and barsthe main roadpetsbeach
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed in Lucky Mother for about a week, we had a double room and it was really nice, it was clean and the bathroom was a good size with hot water, not that you needed it. The set up of the Bungalows is just of the beach and there is a restaurant on the beach with free wifi, and a million cats and dogs, which I didn't mind but definatly not for anti - cat people. The only negative is we had a fan room and this got a bit unberable by the end of the week as it was so hot, but had we booked in advance we could have got air con but the rooms were full. Other than that it was a nice Hostel and a good location.

Room Tip: get air con rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The owner has, like, 6 little dogs and they start barking incessantly at 5am. If you stay near the beach/restaurant, you will NOT sleep. We tried asking them to curb the barking and the owner said "you check out". So if you must book here for price and location, perhaps quiet could be found in the main bldg...though it's low on charm.

I'm a dog-lover, and you'd have to be since they are everywhere, but the barking and howling is beyond anything I've ever encountered and totally intolerable.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tweardytorres
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I was looking to find a room in Koh Samui for over a week, so I spent the day walking Chaweng beach and checking out prices at all the beach front hotels. Lucky Mother’s was the best deal I found. They have fan only rooms with no A/C and no TV for about 1000 Baht/day ($30 USD) and some newer rooms with A/C and TV for 1,500/day ($45 USD). I grabbed “B-1” a 1,500 Baht room, closest one to the beach just overlooking the restaurant and the beach which also is a good location to pick-up the restaurant Wi-Fi.

A standard door key is used to get in and out of the room and you have to either put a 2000 Baht deposit down or give them your passport, I just gave them my passport. I got the 1,500 room so it comes with Air Conditioning and a flat screen TV which has HDMI input in the back (I packed a long HDMI cable) so I can hook up my laptop and watch movies via my laptop since there are only 14 channels on the TV. Room was very clean, 2 pillows, a queen size bed, a mini refrigerator (good size though), clean sheets, a blanket, a few towels, 2 bottles of water, the necessities. There is no safe in the room, but you can rent a “locker” in the office where you just get a key to open. There is also laundry service right next to the restaurant for 50 Baht per Kilo and my clothes were clean and folded and were ready next day, worked well.

At the base of the hotel where it meets the beach is a full restaurant with all kinds of things to choose from standard breakfast, Thai food, etc. I ordered various items everything was good and affordable. The restaurant is not fancy restaurant with table clothes and all that, just a simple and functional place to grab a bite by the beach. There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant so if your room does not pick up the signal you can just grab a table and surf the web in the restaurant. At night, they lay out a full bar and bring out a sound system with a DJ playing music throughout the night which goes to about 2-3am so if you are a light sleeper grab ear plugs or get out there and enjoy the music. There are also fireworks being shot off randomly all night as well, it’s not even New Year’s yet, but sure seems like it every night with the party atmosphere.

Location is great! It is kind of hidden away from the nightlife being down at the end of an alley, and then rooms lined up down to the beach. I am watching waves crash right now in the restaurant as a type this, great view! Mother’s is a perfect spot to just walk up and through the alley way and your right in the center of Chaweng Beach Road where all the nightlife is. You can also walk down to the beach and to the right a ways and you’re at the hopping Hotel Arc Bar which has the party “Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas” vibe. There is a small parking area right as you come into Mother’s and is where I parked my scooter and which has security at night. I also saw many surveillance cameras being installed on the premises too, if security is an issue. But it’s Thailand, 95% Buddhist, haven’t had any crime issues yet in the Land of Smiles.

The place is very unique in that the staff is all dressed in plain clothes, kind of looks like they all may be family or something, an all Thai staff. They are not trying to be some high end hotel, they are just being them, and thought that was refreshing. If I am staying in Thailand I want Thai's speaking Thai, chilling and being themselves. If I wanted American style I will stay in the USA or go to Hawaii or something. I read reviews regarding a “Tong” who is rude and starts problems, I saw her out yelling the other day, oh well. All of the people I dealt with look to be young 20s, and very kind, no problems. There are cats and small dogs all over the place, so if you’re an animal lover you will enjoy chilling with all the lazy beach cats hanging around. There is also a small Koi pond which is kind of nice to watch as well.

I don’t see a website or much information on this place and not sure how you would find this place unless you do a walk along the beach like I did or checked it out on Tripadvisor. If you are in Koh Samui looking for a great spot by the beach for under 1,500 Baht give it a look. If you’re looking for so called “high-end” 3000+ Baht a night places take your pick, there are too many of them, and from the ones I saw not really worth it.

If you plan on touring the island I suggest skipping the package tours and just rent a scooter for 200 Baht/day and grab a map and go yourself. The waterfalls, Big Buddha, and anything with elephants are great to see. For me, just cruising around the island in traffic is fun and a unique experience.

Hope that helps, I got to get back to the beach for my massage!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank JAweb
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Lucky Mother has undergone a massive change in the last year...gone are the wooden huts, now replaced with plush (if minimal) blocks with air con, wet room and flat screen TV! Also gone is the infamous Tong! All of the staff appeared t be new, and I can recommend this place. Obviously prices have gone up to reflect the upgrade, and you will be looking at a minimum of 300 Bhat a night...but compare that to 60 pounds a night in a UK Travelodge... I think its great value!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayied in these bungalows for two nights. It's well located in the middle of Chaweng (which is the most crowed place in Samui) and the rooms are nice. We booked 1 double and 1 triple. The double was nice but a little bit small, the triple was a very nice big room. The bathrooms are simple. For a middle-low price we had I think one of the best accommodation in the island. The only problem is that they don't clean the room daily.

• Stayed: August 2011