This review is late but this is still by far my favorite hotel to date. This truly was a 5-star experience. The hotel, the service, the pool, everything was fantastic. We rented a car so that we could freely leave and explore but it was really difficult to find when we arrived. A 45 minute trip from airport took us 3 hours in the dark. Long story short, we found it and everything was all right again. It isn't close to town activities but the view totally makes up for it.
Their breakfast was delicious and had a great selection of fresh juices and smoothies. We had breakfast very morning and only room service so we can't speak for the restaurants at night. However, room service was pretty good if you don't think about the prices.
We did a couples package at the spa that was so great that we went again at the end of the week. We also got massages at Elements next door since it was cheaper, but the view/ambience was much better at the Conrad.
We did a Thai cooking class that was so much fun! We didn't know it was private which was awesome. It was fun to see who's dish turned out better. Haha! We also wished we knew that we got to eat everything we cooked beforehand though. We had shared a green curry pizza (tasty!) poolside and couldn't finish our last course. It would have been nice to have a dessert for one of the courses instead of three savory dishes too. We made beef salad, pad Thai, and pork laab. We loved that we got to keep the Conrad aprons! If only we could have kept the hat :)
It was wet season but we got a few days of blue blue skies! Don't miss out of the boat ride to the beach! It was nice that staff always offered to take pictures of us before we even asked.
We stayed on the third row from the top. It was a short walk to breakfast, the pool, and spa but the carts were quick whenever we needed one. Sometimes it was pretty steep but it wasn't an issue for us. Our room was immaculate. We loved the bathroom amenities, the floor to ceiling views, and the private pool!!! Turndown service was a nice plus. We saw A LOT of ants outside our door one day but we never saw any inside the room.
Also, Green Talay down the street was delicious.
It was the beachy part of our two week honeymoon and it really was perfect. We couldn't recommend it more.
We stayed November 2012 not 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui