Conrad Koh Samui
$162
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$116
$103
$300
$96
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$103
$76
Agoda.com
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$173
Orbitz.com
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$154
$127
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$299
$193
Agoda.com
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
$435
$217
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$679
$523
Hotels.com
$932
$718
1,318 results
All reviewszest restaurantjahn restaurantprivate poolfive islandsapple tvdirector of operationsbuggy servicehilton pointsbubble bathentertainment systembanyan treein villa diningmain poolbedroom villasunset viewnearby islandsrental car
Reviewed December 29, 2013

After traveling for half a day from Hong Kong, fighting with transportation, delays, layovers, and then a 55 minute somewhat-harrowing drive from the airport, we pulled into the Conrad as the sun was setting and literally every ounce of stress evaporated. The staff took care of everything as soon as I stepped out of the car while we sat overlooking the sea, sipping cool water and laying cool towels on our faces. In no time we were chauffeured to our suite on one of their buggies, told how to operate everything, and then left to our own devices. Once there, and throughout the entire stay, I kept pinching myself thinking this place was way too beautiful to be real.

In the 3 days we were there, we felt like we definitely got our money's worth, but we tried to be smart about things. The prices of the on-resort items were as high as the level of luxury. We ate at the resort twice (not including breakfast)-- once the first night on our pool deck, and once at the pool restaurant. Both were good, though the drinks at the pool were quite watered down. Their "premiere" restaurant (Jahn) was closed while we were there, but the prices seemed to be a little exorbitant for what you get. Definitely stop at the family mart ~5 minutes down the road and pick up your alcohol and snacks.

We opted for massages at the Elements Resort which was a quick drive away as the prices were about 3x as high at the Conrad. A couples massage cost us 1500 Baht there and was stellar. We did, however, enjoy the breakfast at the Conrad (included in our rate as I am HH Gold, but we would have paid for it no question). The food was very good and had a selection from all around the world. They also made premium coffees if you wanted and it was nice sipping them while overlooking the sea on the restaurant's patio.

My only "complaint," if you could call it that, was about the lack of a true beach. In order to make up for that fact, the hotel charters a boat for you to an island about 20 minutes away. It's an enjoyable ride and you can get some nice photos of the resort, but the island is definitely take-it-or-leave-it. There is absolutely nothing on the island except trash that the boat crew all-too-happily contributes to by throwing empty water bottles and other garbage right on the beach. Nevertheless, the swimming isn't bad, but after about a half-hour, we were ready to go back. Our boat's engine wouldn't start when we got back in the boat, but a boat arrived 20 minutes later that towed us back to the mainland.

All in all, we were very upset to have to leave, especially because we had to return to a northern-US winter after enjoying 85 degrees for the previous week. The staff was beyond courteous at every turn and they made us feel like we were the only guests staying there with how much they bent over backward to make sure we were comfortable. While we only stayed 3 days, I think another 1 or 2 would have been perfect. Much longer and I think you would run out of things to do, unless you were prepared to spend time off-resort. Nevertheless, if you are looking to spend some days in paradise, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad suite at the resort, but don't expect to be able to walk to the restaurants, pool, or lobbies unless you're really into mountain climbing. Take advantage of their buggy service that never took more than 5 minutes to get to your room after calling.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Will R
Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Will R,

Thank you for a fantastic review! I am glad you were able to enjoy everything Conrad Koh Samui has to offer and I will let my team know they contributed to your wonderful stay.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great view of the ocean from the hill. Private swimming pool with each villa. Kids love it. And it's very romantic for couples. Very sweet services. But the hotel is located inconveniently on the hill. Transportation to outside is difficult. Variety of food is limited. We got very bored with the breakfast 7 days in a row.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Qiyue S

Dear Qiyues,

It was a delight to read your review - thanks so much for your kind words on services and the view. The view never tires for us too - it's gorgeous year-round. Regards to the breakfast food variety, please rest assured that these observations are taken very seriously and are following up with the respective departments.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and choosing to stay with us at Conrad Koh Samui.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We recently completed a 7-night stay at the Conrad Koh Samui (late Nov. 2013)

The setting and the views and the villas themselves are stunning. Every single room is a separate villa with a private lap pool with infinity edge. The villas are nice enough that you can practically spend the entire time in your villa. And the pools and decks are private enough that you can swim or sun as a naturist, in the nude.

The hotel is built into a steep hillside and constructed in such a way that every villa has a stunning view of the sea with some small islands, and the vanishing edge of the pool goes into the sea, so you don’t see any villas below you for the pool or deck.

Perhaps my favorite experience was that there are two hammocks hung at about water level in the sea. When there is a nice breeze and waves, it is a heavenly experience to lie there, rocked by rolling waves with a nice breeze. Having said that, the employees give inconsistent input regarding whether one should use the beach or swim in the ocean. They expressed concern about jellyfish and/or sea urchins, and on a stormy day about debris floating in the water. The resort could do a better job of clarifying for guests whether it is safe and recommended to swim in the ocean, and/or what precautions to take. I like to swim in the ocean. The resort does offer a complimentary boat to another island which is where they recommend swimming, but frankly I thought the swimming was maybe better right at the beach – I wish they would encourage it.

Prices are generally high for food, beverages and spa. There is a 2:1 happy hour at the pool bar/restaurant from 4-6 and at the mid-level bar from 5-7, which make prices reasonable. I thought the food was generally tasty, but not authentic Thai. They must have great expense sourcing their food to Koh Samui.

The Executive Chef was very personable and introduced himself. He offers a cooking class which covers several Thai dishes. It’s fun and easy and you end up with a meal and an apron. Well worth it.

On the whole, this is a romantic destination that you would want to share with a partner with whom you are close to and want to spend time with. There is not a whole lot to do here, so you should want to enjoy just being here, with your partner, and enjoying the experience.

The Internet connectivity was great – good speed and no problems.

There don’t seem to be many Diamond benefits, and I wasn't very clear on what were the Diamond benefits. All the villas seem the same to me, so I don’t see why any one villa would be an upgrade over another. I had read in a blog (and promised my wife) that we would receive massages in the spa as a Diamond amenity, but on arrival we were told that that was an expired promotion that no longer applied. After tweeting my disappointment, we were offered massages in the spa (which is a beautiful facility, but the prices are high for Thailand), but don’t count on that in the future. We got 4 drink coupons, which was all for 2 people for a 7 night stay. And we were offered one car service during out stay. I don’t know if that was part of the Diamond benefits vs. what is offered to all. I don't know if I missed any Diamond benefits. Of course we got free breakfast and Internet, but those are Gold-level benefits.

The resort is very hilly. There is a fleet of golf carts, called buggies, to take you every where. We preferred walking, to get a bit of movement and exercise, but most guests ride on the buggies, and some of the staff seemed surprised we walked as much as we did.

It is about 45 minutes from the Koh Samui (USM) airport. Taxis are 1500 baht from the airport. Once at the resort you are pretty isolated. Some people rent cars from the airport, and traffic on Koh Samui seems easy but signage is limited. This really is mainly a chill vacation with someone you are close to. If you want action and activity, this may not be the right property.

Room Tip: Every room is an independent villa with a lap pool. I don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Seacarl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Conrad Koh Samui experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your observations and feedback are much appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor guest’s needs and expectations. I’ve shared your comments to all head department and Chef Konrad in particular, they are thankful. Once again, thank you and hope to have a chance to welcoming you to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Amazing holiday in amazing hotel... enjoyed every second of the whole trip, even when just back at the hotel to rest. This really is a top class hotel and the price maybe surprisingly wasn't so out of this world! Best part was the fantastic and kind staff at every corner, thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear AlwaysLucy,

I truly appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. Our team strives to make each guest’s stay special and we only hope you will have the chance to return again in the future, it would be a joy to welcome you and your wife back to Conrad Koh Samui.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am not sure what to even say - this hotel is AMAZING. The staff, the rooms, the views, the food... There is no detail that goes unnoticed. A few notes below:

- In-Villa BBQ was GREAT. We loved the food and the service. It is hard to beat a private dining experience with that view.
- Jahn was VERY good. The soup was delicious. Our server Ton was phenomenal - so friendly, polite, respectful, positive. We went back for their dessert special and liked it so much we went back a THIRD time! The Mango Sticky Rice and Coconut Creme Brulee were incredible.
- Breakfast was delicious every morning! Fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, eggs made to order, pastries...while overlooking the ocean, of course.
- Spent most of our time in our pool (which was just incredible...), but the main pool was great for a change of scenery. It was also fun taking out the kayaks to get a view of the hotel. I recommend doing that. The hotel is magnificent and beautiful from afar. They also have hammocks in the ocean...that was pretty fun.
- The buggys were very helpful and very convenient and took us wherever we needed to go. The longest we ever "waited" for a buggy was for maybe 3 minutes, so they were very efficient!

I think that is all I am able to say because if I type anymore I will just get sad that we are not still at the resort...

It was absolutely incredible. Every part of it. I would go back in a heartbeat...it does not get any better than this hotel!! I have been looking forward to staying at this property for a few years and it exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you to the entire staff and management team!! We hope to see you again!

Room Tip: We had room 313 and it was phenomenal. I prefer the higher rooms for the view. But can't go wrong with any room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike S,

I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and am truly elated that you had such a fantastic stay. I"ve shared your review with the team and they are over the moon.

It would be a joy to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui.