“Nice hotel, but it seems ignore some detail thing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Conrad Koh Samui

Conrad Koh Samui
Ranked #20 of 315 Hotels in Ko Samui
“Nice hotel, but it seems ignore some detail thing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is comfortable, and the service is nice and friendly. But the food BBQ in Vila is too expensive. And you need to worry the ants come to eat your food. It was everywhere on the table. After finishing the dinner, we order two coconut juice, and one of them is empty!! Did my coconut juice be drunken by other person? It is a little ridiculous. And I really don't suggest join the boat trip. The beach on the island isn't very clean. Not too many fish in the ocean. I will suggest you staying in your room and enjoy your private pool. But the Conrad shurey has an amazing ocean view.

• Stayed November 2013
Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Moonlightrtic,

It was a delight to read your review - thanks so much for your kind words on services and staff. Regards to ants and coconut incidents, please rest assured that these feedbacks are taken very seriously and are following up with the respective departments.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Conrad Koh Samui, we only hope to have a chance to welcoming you back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Stefano Ruzza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui for two nights on our honeymoon. It's on the opposite side of the island from the airport, so rent a car because it's about the same price as two transfers. It also gives you the flexibility to leave the resort once you're there.

The staff at this hotel are amazing. Very friendly and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable (including driving you to and from your villa on call on a golf cart since the hotel is on a steep incline).

The villas themselves are amazing. Probably the coolest room/villa I've ever stayed in with a nice layout, comfy bed, great bathroom with huge tub, and an amazing view of the gulf with your own infinity pool.

Overall this was the favorite place we stayed at during our month in SE Asia.

1 Thank Matthew M
Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Matthew M,

We truly appreciate your great review. I and the team are certainly taking your feedback to heart. I hope to welcome you and your wife back to Conrad Koh Samui to celebrate the 1st Anniversary.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were here last Christmas. Food, service, rooms as everyone says - excellent. But this resort really caters to honeymooners, I think. Everything had a "private" feeling to it, and that is exemplified by the fact that other than at breakfast time, you really didn't have to interact with other guests. I took advantage of the yoga which they generously offered, and I was treated with more or less private lessons. Though the gym is well-equipped, it is very small --probably the size more or less of a guest villa. So think in terms of a hotel where you more or less stay in your room. Or take day trips outside of the hotel. However, being on the hilltop, this resort is somewhat remote. We had no intention of leaving the resort, but if you were the sight-seeing type, then it may have been a bit inconvenient.

This hotel is built on a (steep at times) hill, so those with knee injuries, or not mobile, will have to rely on the tuk-tuks to carry you about -- actually the kids loved riding on the buggies, and we would just sit and pretend it was an amusement ride. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a tuk-tuk.

One word of warning: we went in December (when it is drier and sunnier), and because all the rooms have great sunset views, the rooms can get VERY warm from 3pm to sunset. Not too much in the way of shade provided -- a bit of a design flaw in the landscaping / villa design. So although we had this fantastic view, we had to have all the curtains closed otherwise the room was 90 degrees even with the A/C on. That sort of irked me as I didn't think it was very "green". And because it was Christmas time, we had chocolate from the hotel (very nice of them) but if we forgot to put it in the fridge, it melted in 10 minutes.

Other than this last point, there really was nothing to complain about.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Resort_addict1638
Dear Resort_addict1638,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Despite the inconvenience weather and the heat we’re so pleased that you and your family had a wonderful stay, especially the kids with our buggy ride.

Should your travel bring you back to Koh Samui please do visit us again.

seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Conrad stayed in the honeymoon was the best. I want to go back to Conrad.Conrad is the best. Conrad stayed in the honeymoon was the best. I want to go back to Conrad.Conrad is the best. Conrad stayed in the honeymoon was the best. I want to go back to Conrad.Conrad is the best. Conrad stayed in the honeymoon was the best. I want to go back to Conrad.Conrad is the best. Conrad stayed in the honeymoon was the best. I want to go back to Conrad.Conrad is the best.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Tae Han K
Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Tae Han K,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, you are the best!. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again and we all thank you for choosing Conrad Koh Samui.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was one review my wife and I wanted to do (once we actually started on over 10 years of travel experiences!).

We stayed here for our slightly delayed wedding anniversary celebrations in Jan 2013. We had stayed at Samui a few times before, and went to see some of the more reputed resorts (such as Six Senses, W, Four Sessions, Banyan Tree etc) to get some idea where we would go for special occasions - we obviously chose Conrad. We did eventually stay at the Six Senses on another trip, and at other top resorts elsewhere, and while they were all great experiences, this one at Conrad was outstanding and probably our favourite.

I came down with Dengue fever 4 days after my return, and not completely sure if I may have caught it in Samui, but we would still return here if we had a choice despite that horrible postscript.

The views were stunning. The room sumptuous with great privacy. Breakfasts were great. Service was efficient and friendly.

The only slight niggles were some restrictions on set menus and I wouldn't suggest you waste time on the island trip. Just enjoy the wonderful room and views from your private pool!

Our next holiday is a family one with our three kids in the Maldives this year end. Already, we're definitely hoping to return for a future anniversary or birthday celebration for just the wife and me at the Conrad Samui. It will take something really special to replace this as our current favourite couple retreat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bey0nder
Dear Bey0nder,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Conrad Koh Samui here. First of all I am sorry to hear about the dengue fever, hope you are well and recovering.

I and the team are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Your Couple Retreat, Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent my birthday here with my girlfriend, and she made sure it was a special occasion by having room service surprise me with a very nice cake.. Wonderful! But I'm not here to review my wonderful girlfriend lol

This place is, as it should be for the price, spectacular. The staff, even the groundskeepers, are incredibly friendly, with a "sawadee krab" every time we passed one in the chauffeur driven golf buggy. The room was magnificently appointed with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, a gigantic bathroom, a tub the size of a kiddie swimming pool and a shower big enough to dance in. TV, Internet (hooked into a mini mac), safe, brilliant air-con, mood lights in the bathroom, and 3 doors out to the private patio and swimming pool. Yep, private swimming pool. Small, but beautiful, and looking out over the gulf of Thailand and several small islands. Perfect view of the sunset. We had a free boat to visit one of the other islands where they provided us with lunch, including chilled fruit juice and water. We were lucky enough to have this as a private outing as no one else had booked for this time!

We ate and drank at Zest and Azure bar. Both places had amazing food and service. I highly recommend the cocktails at Azure!

The worst part of this place was leaving:(

1 Thank Ash B
Dear Stracat11,

We are truly graceful for your kind words. It would be a joy to welcoming you and your wonderful girlfriend back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful sunset view from my room, I can jump into the pool and enjoy the sunset. However, I am a bit disappointed with the food quality, simple thing like scramble egg was too dry, limited choices on breakfast, etc. Do impressed by the housekeeping work, room is very clean, not even any water stain on the bathroom glass or faucet!

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad K, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear TripAdvisorMember,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Conrad Koh Samui experience with us. I have addressed your comments regards to quality and variety of breakfast food items to our Executive Chef who is looking into it. I have passed on your kind words to our Housekeeping team, they are beyond happy.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again at Conrad Koh Samui.