“love ^^”
Review of Conrad Koh Samui

Conrad Koh Samui
Ranked #22 of 316 Hotels in Ko Samui
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stay with Conrad Koh Samui 2 night with my friends but i wanna more and more >,< I was relaxing. the location is very good ,Rooms have a private swimming pool, Service is friendly. I hope to come with my family. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Conrad Koh Samui

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Conrad at the beginning of May for 4 nights. As always where you arrive your expectations are high and Conrad didn't disappoint! From the arrival reception, the experience begins. We arrive early as we the flight from Singapore is an early one!! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had our welcome drink while they organized our two bedroom villa. They took us to the villa which was amazing. The front room had 360 views out across the ocean. The private infinite pool on the ground floor had comfortable deck furniture for you to enjoy the view. The large pool in saltwater and we spent many hours watching the view and totally relaxing! it is quiet and the sunsets were amazing. There is shade throughout the day but for the sun lovers plenty of space to maximize the rays! The bed is very comfortable and large.

The resort has a main pool near the beach but we didn't use it why when you have your own pool. There are a number of restaurants on the resort which have different styles of dinning. By the pool, there is an excellent pizza place which we ate at one night - true pizza! We went to one of the fine dinning restaurant which was beautifully presented set on the hill overlooking the resort. Breakfast was an amazing spread of all foods western or Asian. The fresh juices and cold cuts were great. Breakfast was always a long event.

The resort has a private speedboat which takes you to a private beach. We went early and the beach was empty again nothing like feeling that you have a piece of paradise to yourself. The hotel provides water, snorkeling equipment and towels so you are well looked after. There is a little bar ran by a local guy so take some baht if you want something stronger. On the way ack the oat stops so you can get a photo of the resort from the sea.

Overall this was an amazing experience where we stopped from our busy life in Singapore and chilled. Hence we didn't really explore much of the island. If you want to, you would need to hire a car as it far from the other attractions. However for a romantic weekend break, a quiet holiday or some time out this is a very special experience I would highly recommend. Shame there are not more flight options from Singapore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place was amazing! My wife and I stayed at the Conrad for our honeymoon and we could not have made a better choice. To this day, we've said how we won't be able to find a similar experience. Our room was unique, the view was unbeatable and the service was top notch.

Here are some things that we loved about the Conrad Koh Samui:

- the infinity pool off the bedroom/bathroom
- the privacy of each villa
- the personable service
- the community infinity pool with quality food/drink options nearby
- the variety of restaurants on-site (considering the types of food and costs)
- the optional activities on-site (i.e. thai cooking class, kick boxing, etc.)

Long story short, we were able to get everything we wanted or needed at one resort. We stayed at this location five nights and didn't want to leave.

To supplement our stay, we did two offsite activities.

1. We went elephant trekking
2. We went to dinner at "Five Islands Restaurant."

Both offsite experiences were great, and the hotel was accommodating in transporting us to each location. We definitely recommend the restaurant. The views were awesome, the food was great and the prices were much much better than eating at the hotel.

If I were to suggest any downsides to the hotel property, it would be the remote location and the small beach space. With regards to the remote location, we viewed this as a positive because of the consistent privacy we felt (exactly what we were looking for). The second thing would be the lack of beach space. At the same time, we never really viewed the beach as a negative aspect because of how mice the nice the pools are (public and private).

Again, this place is highly recommended. In fact, we had such a difficult time picking a location for a one-year anniversary trip. We hope you enjoy your experience as much as we did!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chad H
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at Conrad Koh Samui last week for 2 nights and I must say those 2 nights were the best nights I have had in Koh Samui. Many people say that hotel pictures are too commercialized and dont look close to anything when staying there. However, I have to say that pictures on the hotel website does look exactly the same, but staying at the hotel and actually seeing it for yourself will blow your mind!

I have heard that the room is nearly 90% occupancy, but staying at the villas, I can sure say that I did not see THAT many people, asides during breakfast time. The staff is extremely friendly and was able to help me book a yacht even when all yachts were occupied. Food at Zest and Jahn was amazing was really impressive!

The only downside is that Spa closes at 8pm and I find it relatively early as my gf and I prefer doing spa before we sleep. If we were to do spa at 6:30pm, we would have missed the amazing view during dinner time.

Regardless, I would highly recommend everyone to stay at Conrad during their vacation to Koh Samui

Room Tip: Prefer higher rooms and rooms on the bottom of the main lobby as those rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location to face the ocean, away from crowded and very peaceful. The private pool in every villa is fantastic, both day and night, make people want leave their rooms. The bath tub open to the view is also very charming... The SPA has 270 degree view is definite a selling point. The interior take warm tune of natural wood and very comfortable. The building exterior, however, is very low key and giving stage to the nature surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Wenzhong S
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Conrad Koh Samui for 3 nights for my birthday, I must say this is by far the best hotel I have ever been, the location is perfect for a romantic getaway, with the most stunning sunset, even with 70% occupancy, the resort seemed quiet and tranquil, we only encountered few other couples and families during breakfast, far from crowded.

The resort is relatively new and well managed, staffs are really professional and helpful, on our first day of arrival we encountered some insect crisis, and they send a "team" to help us solve the problem, much appreciated!!! Buggy service is great, we never have to wait for more than 5 mins. Staff at the hotel also helped us with renting a car.

We tried all 3 restaurants, had our daily breakfast at Zest, had my birthday dinner at their fine dining restaurant Jahn, and also tried their poolside bar once. I personally find Zest and Jahn really impressive, food taste delicious, especially the Thai dishes, make sure you give the Thai egg Benedict a go, so yum!

Our stay at Conrad were so pleasant, we were so sad to leave...!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank juliejuliesmile
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's the second time we went to Koh Samui and we decided to try the relatively new Conrad Samui. Originally I had some reservation as it looks too modern and have a hotel feel rather than the usual Thai architecture. Having stayed there for 3 nights, I would have no hesitation to recommend it to others, esp if you prefer a quiet get away, nice, functional and big pool in the villa, looking for a very nice sunset that you can enjoy in your villa next to the pool with your favourite drink/ book/ music.

The best memory we had was the sunset that we can enjoy in our room the sunset (see pictures I have taken). The room is very modern , big and clean. It came with an ipad and nice amenities. The pool is very big for villa of this size and price. It's an infinity pool that give you a very nice feeling as you relax in it.

The other thing I enjoyed very much is the breakfast, esp if you can get an outdoor table. The selection of food is good. But it's very relaxing as there aren't too many people there and you can enjoy the weather. Mosquito was not a problem at all when we stayed there.

We tried all the 3 restaurants there including the Thai fusion fine dining. The setting in that restaurant is nice though it only opened at night and you cannot see anything by then when it's dark. It's also expensive Thai food. Generally, you don't expect very vibrant night life in the hotel but if you are looking for quiet time, it's good.

We had used the spa on two days. We found it very nice and with a very good sea view.

There isn't much space to go around in the hotel and it's on steep hills so you need to call a buggy.

I would also recommend taking the complimentary boat from the hotel to a nearby island. The 10 to 15 boat trip is nice in itself. I would recommend you get the earliest boat, I think around 10 or 11am. you can get back in one or two hours time. The beach we went to was quite nice but it got a bit crowded after noon time.

We also enjoyed a walk to the jetty at dawn and during sunset. It's very beautiful and you can see a lot of small fish.

The hotel is at the south western end of Samui and is far away from the airport which is on the north eastern end. It takes at least 35 minutes between hotel and airport. I would recommend you allow at least 1 hour travelling time to get to the airport as there could be traffic jam along the way.

We did not go out of the property and we don't believe there is much to do in the neighbourhood.

I understand that the property is a JV between a HK fund and a Thai partner. It's well managed. As to pricing, it is very reasonable comparing with other pool villa offered.

Overall, it's a very relaxing place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family