This is probably the 2nd best hotel that we have stayed in ever, 1st one being the Park Hyatt in the Maldives (the old Alila). The Conrad is exactly as described by all the reviewers here in the website, perfect views and susets, stunning villas and oh, that infinity pool, i could go on and on about it. It is a hotel that one should spend as much time in as possible to enjoy the views, the solitude and the quietness. This is not a hotel that you should go to if you want to spend the time touring the island - my advise would be to then combine a stay with another hotel in a more 'happening' area.
Food wise - as everyone said here, exorbitant prices (620 baht for a burger compared to 420 baht at the Le Meridien) and not much of an atmosphere to dine in so we were at the Green Talay 3 nights in a row for dinner, paid between 1,000 to 1,500 bath per meal for 2. Breakfast was sufffcient as although the buffet was the same, there was an a la carte menu that you could order off with lots of different choices there. I was tempted to eat in a few nights as i do not mind spending the money on dinner, after all have already splurged on the room right but it was too quiet for me to spend so much money so decided on the Green Talay. (separate review there)
Location - remote and if you are up to it, i recommend renting a car like we did. gives you the flexibility of moving about for meals if you so wish to.
Sevice - pretty good. At breakfast when it is not crowded, service was excellent but when the restaurant was about 60% full, it was harried and scattered. One nice touch was when we called for the buggy to bring us to the lobby for us to drive out to dinner, we always arrive to find our rental car brought to the front of us with the engine and aircon running.....sweet! I did a yoga class with Nong on one of the mornings, i was the only one (7.30am!!) and he was really good in trying to customise the class to my level. No one addressed us by names during our stay as compared to what was mentioned by others as if there is indeed a resort that can do that constantly, i will be really impressed.
Facilties - there were never more than 2 other couples at the main pool nor the restaurant by the pool but we were there at low season with about 50% occupancy. Main pool is very nice as well
Spa - had a complimentary foot massage as part of the Gold status amenity - it was absolutely perfect in terms of technique, 100 times better than my 200 baht ones in Chaweng/Bangkok. it was not only the atmosphere and ambience of the spa, but the technique of the massage. bliss...
Villa - perfect, perfect, perfect. bring a bottle of wine or two with you and just enjoy.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui