“So and so”

Cuisines: American, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Food was good but overpriced,we got unlucky to have our Gordon blu a little bit no so well cooked but the environment was very good(we're served at the beach)service was not so fast

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just delicious Thai food for those who wish they were brave enough to eat street food but prefer a clean and hygienic environment. We kept coming back, it was so very tasty and very reasonable.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Third time in Fisherman's Village, and they do say 3's a charm. The best meal in 6 months in Thailand. I always complain of the high salt in meals here and this is the first place I have eaten I did NOT feet like a salt fish by time I was done. We shared the appetizer platter with tiny spring rolls, perfectly crispy, properly cleaned shrimp and pork satays with the best peanut coconut satay sauce I ever tasted. It was thick, tasted of coconut and not salty. We followed it with plates of real, hot, long grain rice with wok fried green curry paste, coconut, barracuda, and stir fried Chinese cabbage with fried Tofu in Oyster sauce. Lightly sauced, no overpowering flavors and everything hot and served at the same time. The meal was so good we were inspired to have dessert as we wanted to linger in this lovely beach side place.The desserts were not overly sweet as a tiramisu should not be and the banana fritters were light, hot and tasted of clean oil and excellent ice cream. The beer was really cold as I find most places the beer is too warm when it arrives. We finished with Illy coffee Americanos, also served hot, frothy and delicious.The lovely, modern bathrooms were spotless and scented of Lemon Grass. This place is worth of a visit for the most picky eater. The quality of the food and the beauty and cleanliness of the restaurant is more than worth it's price. We have paid more for meals here, on Koh Samui with warm beer, cold rice and everything arriving cold, over cooked in dirty grease and tasting of it. Today, we left belching happy burps, big grins on our faces, vowing to return as soon as possible. To find it, go to the end of the street on the pier road and turn left, it is a 5 minute walk up the street on the beach side.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm about to catch a flight to Singapore. My last lunch in Samui (for not too long) is at the Happy Elephant.

This will be my 4th meal here in a little over a week.

I've also enjoyed meals at The Address (x2) and Nikki Beach (x2).

Firstly, the location & situation of Happy Elephant, in the middle of Fisherman's village, slightly elevated above the beach with waves crashing 3 meters away, gives this venue a 5* for atmosphere for both lunch and dinner.

But lets get to the food.

Don't bother ordering off the menu: go outside and look at the fresh seafood and have a chat with the chefs. Get their opinion on what's just come out of the sea and the best way to cook it.

Personally I usually go for a whole squid plain grilled, and then I season it with their home made 'naam plik naam plaa' - one of the best condiments in the world.

Then a juicy Spanish mackerel or barracuda steak (the former being better to my taste).

Their wine list is very respectable but don't look past their house sauv Blancs for flavour and value.

Service is very friendly always with a smile.

Just an excellent Thai seafood restaurant on the beach.

See you again soon,

Alex

Reviewed January 16, 2014

On Our first night to the bophut beach we had many options to eat, and we were wanting to eat SEAFOOD, we are glad we ate at Happy elephant, The restaurant is amazing as far as food, ambience or service is concerned, the options for sea food and thai style food are amazing and we ate there since on every nite of our 5 days at bophut, the penang curry with chicken and lychees was yum, must try the garlic butter fried rice which is outstanding and something we dint find any where, the sea food can be bought by weight and cooked in the style you want, the staff is every too courteous to help and assist with the choices, Run by a husband and wife duo, with the wife running around the restaurant along with the staff helping diners, this place is the best to unwind each evening, Strongly recommend as a must on every diners list of must eat places in Samui. Please book tables if you want sea side view, because they are always full