Punnpreeda Pool Villa Beachfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$117
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$101
$88
$918
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$104
$63
Trip.com
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$157
$144
Agoda.com
Mantra Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$95
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$720
$609
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$168
$145
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$263
$218
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$201
$192
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We had six nights in studio villa 701 which is one back from the beachfront. This provides an excellent view of the bay coupled together with privacy and security. The villas are large and exactly as pictured on the website. Apor was our personal assistant who took care of us perfectly. Breakfast is served in the room with a very large choice. Free mini bar is a nice touch. The pool area is small and most of the time fairly shaded. This may not suit people looking for the ultimate tan! Our only real complaint is the lack dedicated shower, the attachment from the bath works but is not what we expected. On the whole a really nice private resort.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Matt_Exeter_England
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The villas are beautifully built, with a very nice terrace, two large bedrooms each with their own bathroom, large room with kitchen and filled fridge (complimentary!) and huge TV with dvd-player. We did have view over the Bangrak bay, and by now they have created a small beach which is nice for swimming during high tide. A car takes you to the beach free of charge, but when we wanted to go back to the villa it was not available. Apparently they have only one car.
Breakfast was great and everything was served in the villa. The pool looked nice, you can sit in it but I couldn't sit in it for it was too cold (even though outside it was 35 degrees C). The water is constantly running (a shame on an island that frequently has fresh water shortage) and if you close the tap to prevent new water from coming into the pool, the pool slowly but surely empties itself. I
What really shocked me was when we left. Everything was included: bottles of wine, other drinks, breakfast, you name it. They didn't have to give us bottles of wine but they did. On the morning before we left, someone came into the room (without asking if they were welcome at that time; we were still getting up and showering) to check if everything was still there. She counted all the glasses, spoons, cups etc. My daughter had accidentally dropped a very simple wine glass and an equally simple teacup on the floor, not worth more than a few Bahts. They said we would be charged for that and I said fine. But then we saw the bill: they charged us 350 Baht (7,50 euro) for it! It was really a very basic, cheap glass and the same applied to the teacup; you buy them at the supemarket. We were flabberghasted.
I've never seen this done before and it spoiled a lot for us: being so generous on the one hand and then so greedy on the other hand. I'd rather they charge us for a bottle of wine, whatever it's worth, and not make us pay for a broke glass 10 times more than it's worth.
Also we felt really pushed to leave: on the morning that we left (we had until 12 noon) they kept coming to the house (without asking permission to come in, they just came) and almost helping us pack in order to get rid of us as soon as possible. As soon as everything was in our bags, they took them from our hands and brought them to the reception, even though it was not 12 o'clock.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank aichadeviAmsterdam
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed June 9, 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed February 26, 2009

... overpriced villa with a triangle of sea view that was mine for in excess of £130.00 per night. I'd booked two nights in a pool villa that morning through expedia and was disappointed by the view of rooftops. Had a stand-up argument with the lady sent by management (hard to believe in Thailand) but she wasn't letting me extricate myself and wanted another 5600 baht to move me to a nicer villa . I eventually took the villa for the first night as she'd insisted on retaining the payment and emailed expedia who had the charges for my second night reversed although they were cut off when they tried to talk to me in my room. The hotel's parting insult when I'd hired the hotel car to move to a nicer hotel (so they knew where I was going) was to make me wait after checkout for housekeeping to make sure that I hadn't stolen anything. The whole thing was odd.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank ltravelsUK
Reviewed December 12, 2008

The apartments are truly lovely and you get a personal assistant who brings breakfast in the morning and helps you with any transport etc that you need.

The stay is very inclusive: drinks are replenished every day and are included; you can borrow DVDs; there's a hotel car that will take you around and doesn't cost any more than one of the island taxis.

The whole place is built around peace and privacy. If you go out in the day, Fisherman's Village is about 15 minutes walk away with lots of cute shops and nice French-influenced restaurants.

However, in the evening you do need to take a taxi out pretty much anywhere and there isn't a beach actually at the hotel

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family