“More than just diving...”

Rainbow Scuba and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive gay tours on land and sea: one day trips, overnight, and longer. Samui daily Road Tour, Snorkel Tour, Sunset Tour, Scuba diving, rain forests, cycling, treking, overland and underwater.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“More than just diving...”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I spent a couple of days in Koh Samui after a business trip in Bangkok. While on the island, I knew I wanted to do some things to see more of the island than just my resort. I had come across Rainbow Scuba through a search of LGBT-friendly tour operators and decided to reach out to Adam.

As someone who isn't SCUBA certified, I knew that I wanted to do something other than that. I contacted Adam a few months before I was to arrive and let him know that I was interested in any trips that might be happening while I was in Koh Samui. The week before I arrived, Adam shared with me information about a cycling trip around the island - which I thought sounded great. One of the great things about Adam and Rainbow Scuba's excursions is that they are small and intimate. There were just a total of four of us on the cycling adventure, which explored quite a bit of Koh Samui's western coast. We traveled through coconut groves and rubber tree farms. We even had the opportunity to see a monkey selecting ripe coconuts in the trees and later came across a coconut oil processing operation. Between Adam and his friend Cara, I left the trip knowing so much more about Koh Samui and Thailand. We ended the cycling trip with a quick dip in a nearby waterfall. It was a great day... and such a fun way to see the island. I highly recommend!

While on the cycling trip, Adam told me about a trip happening the next day that include a visit to some of the smaller islands. Wanting to get out on the water, I was extremely interested. Again, the trip had a a total of four people. We took some time to do some snorkeling, which was a 1st time experience for me. Sensing my apprehension, Adam was so incredibly kind to help me overcome my nerves and attempt to relax.

In all, I had a great experience with Rainbow Scuba and Adam. They have so many incredible offerings other than just scuba. Without hesitation, I would recommend using their services again!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank IndyMatt
scubachild59, Owner at Rainbow Scuba and Tours, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments on our tours. Lesbian and gay people are our family and we treat them as such. It is a small family in the big wide world of travel and tourism and between family gossip travels fast. So we treat you the best we can and hope you will tell your friends. We are looking forward to meeting more of our extensed family in the future.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“diving-course to the MAX”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

when visiting Koh Samui i took a day-trip with Adam, who owns and works at Rainbowscuba and tours. it was only 1 day, but the vibe i got from him was unforgettable!!, as was his knowledge of the island in every way!
After that day-tour i was convinced that he was the guy i wanted as an instructor for my diving-course, which i wanted to follow for many years. And so i booked the course for my next visit to Samui, a few months later..
He, and his co-worker Frank, made me pass the 4 day course effortless, with loads of fun and waterswallowing laughter, beyond anything i ever could imagine taking any kind of course...!!!
UNFORGETTABLE experience!! the best 4 days out of my 50years existance! THANK YOU, RAINBOW-SCUBA&TOURS!!!!

Visited April 2012
scubachild59, Owner at Rainbow Scuba and Tours, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I am happy to know you enjoyed your Samui island tour and scuba diving with us. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon
Bangkok, Thailand
“Beautiful diving with a friendly, helpful, and fun guy!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last August, I took a chance on booking a week with Adam purely from his website: it was such a great decision. I really enjoyed my trip. I've since moved to Bangkok, and have gone back to dive with him again.
Some of the things I most love about Adam is that he's very friendly, knows the dive sites really well and can cater to what you'd like to do, and he's really attentive under water (which is something I find shockingly lacking in so many other people to the point I always wonder how long I could hide before they realise it - not with Adam).
Adam was very flexible in being able to accommodate me and my schedule, and provide suggestions for hotels and even a decent place to get a great suit made up! There's lots of guys who can take you for a dive, but Adam makes the whole trip so much easier (and so more relaxing). Plus, there's a lot of downtime while you're upside waiting to dive, and I really enjoy Adam's company - the time goes by quickly.
I can't say enough good things about Adam. Enthusiast, optimistic, positive, and safety-concious. Really a great dive master, and I've seen him instructing - great attitude.
Thanks a lot Adam, I want to try to dive as much of Thailand as I can, but I look forward to getting back to Samui to dive with you again!

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Rainbow Scuba and Tours, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review my performance on Trip Advisor. Safety always comes first with Rainbow Scuba and the way to atchieve that is to pay attention to every detail. Our trips are not only one Samui - for lesbian and gay people we cover all South East Asia. I hope that you will come dive with us again one day
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“friendly and professional”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have learned diving and then dived many times with Adam from Rainbow Scuba. And I hope I will keep doing so in the future. I can only warmly recommend him and his team.
He knows Ko Samui inside out and can take you in many more adventures/discoveries than only diving. It is always relaxed and friendly and very enjoyable.
What with his liveaboard trips they are just great. I haven't missed one ! He picks the best diving locations around Asia. The diving boats are always of the best quality (professionalism + comfort). He has always managed to put together very friendly and easy going groups of divers.It is great diving and great fun at the same time. Unforgettable experiences.

Visited April 2012
, Owner at Rainbow Scuba and Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to know you are pleased with our service and look forward to welcoming you again soon
Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Scuba Fantastic”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I visit Koh Samui I go diving with Adam. After a couple of trips where I did day dives spread out over a couple of weeks, I decided to do a live aboard. I had a wonderful time. I have always enjoyed Adam's approach to diving. He is an excellent teacher if you are just beginning or need a little encouragement if you have not dived for a while. If you are experienced he will take you to some of the great dive sites that he knows well. Make sure you check the Rainbow Scuba website when you are planning the short, quick dive excursion which could include several single days of diving or you have time for a dive live aboard to one of the many wonderful destinations.

Visited September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on our service. In all our turs on land and on sea we try our best to offer a friendly and professional service to the lesbian and gay community. Your comments make us feel good that we are doing it the right way. Thank you.