“Not what I aspected”
Review of Saree Samui

Saree Samui
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everyone working in th resorts are cheerful and try to be helpful. We served with Tea and trowel when we arrived. As we arrived early, we had to wait for a while before we get our room.
When we get the room, is not what I aspected. The money we payed for it, I thought it would be nicer and the picture they show on their web site do not match the beach front pool villa we got.
I guess I was aspected too much on the room because of what we payed.
They did not offer us any discounts on the massages we used, until we talk to the manager then last two days we got 10. % discounts.
Overall I think they can do better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank froggies123

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Before we booked this we had read many mixed reviews on this property but I'd like to say that overall we had a great time on our stay here.
We were collected from the airport by the hotels own transfer at a charge similar to many local taxis so I would recommend this. We were greeted at reception by Mac who made every effort to make us feel welcome and his English was of a good standard. One Warm face towel and herbal drink later we were shown to our tropical pool villa.
Yes the "entire bathroom" is outside, toilet, shower and sink etc and yes Thailand Mozzis are hard to beat so I would say that depending on your annoyance levels that this is a bad point. However, there is something quite natural about showering under the stars listening to the wildlife.
The main pool area is very nice and overlooks the beach and the hotel restaurant was nice the one time that we ate there. Dogs do roam the beach and sometimes wander through the pool area and I am not a fan of dogs, let alone free to roam ones. They do keep themselves to themselves and after a couple of days in Thailand, this seems to be the case everywhere.
Happy hour on selected cocktails daily, but check what you are signing for! I was asked upon checkout to pay for a cocktail that I hadn't ordered or received. When querying it, I was told that they would bring me that cocktail to reception which i declined at 8:30am. I was then rudely told that I shouldn't have signed for it, TRUE, you just don't expect to be treated like a fool. Eventually they took it off the bill.
We rented a moped from the hotel which is a great way to see the island and saved alot of money on taxis.
To conclude and to be fair, we spent alot of time exploring Samui and were not in the hotel grounds day in day out so we let some stuff slide but some of the room equipment is dated and not always fully functional and the pool villas exterior could do with a little lick of paint but we did stay in their wet season so they may not do this until high season.

Room Tip: NO villas are actually on the beach despite being sold as that. These have views of the sea which i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Matt C
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay here - it was perfect for a post-NY escape. We lazed around the pool, ate divine food and...and...did nothing else. Great start to the year.

Pros:
- Ideal beach location.
- Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, especially Eve at the front desk. They anticipated our needs and more than delivered.
- The manager, Jon, spoke to us on a daily basis and, when he couldn't answer any questions, referred us to his competent staff.
- Food in the restaurant is delicious and well-priced. Granted, the restaurants down the beach are cheaper but, when you can't be bothered to walk, this was a good option.
- The rooms are wonderfully designed and beautifully-appointed. In particular, the couch on the verandah is very comfortable and great for an afternoon snooze.

Cons:
- There were several things in our room that were broken: the mini-bar cupboard door, a bedside lamp, the drain in our outdoor tub, the CD player. Granted, we didn't ask for all of these to be fixed, but it a fully-functioning room is a basic requirement.
- We ordered room service twice and, on both occasions, it took the cleaning / restaurant staff over 24 hours to remove the dirty dishes.
- There is too little storage space to support a stay longer than three days.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AdzN_03
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had high expectations based on all the great reviews we read but would never recommend this hotel or stay here again.

It was never written on the website that the entire bathroom is located outside. we thought it was just an outside shower but in fact the toilet, shower, sink etc is located outside. Bathroom was full of bugs and mosquitos which made it very unpleasant.

Staff had very poor knowledge of English, especially at reception!! we couldnt even get good advice on resturants or the like as the staff all had such english levels! one night we were taken on a 'ride' by the hotel taxi after the restaurant we wanted to go to was full. He progressed to convince us that he knows of the best thai rest in koh samui and will take us there..............we ended up driving down a dark alley way to a large restaurant completely empty which he took us into. he made the situation so uncomfortable that we felt awful telling them we didnt want to stay........poor food and one of us ended up with food poisoning..........there was knowbody at the hotel to even complain to after this experience with no english speaking manager on site!!

they would refuse to call taxis directly to the hotel entrance even if we were prepared to pay the extra price.

only pro of this hotel is there pool!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SabSteve
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My fiancé and I have been to many hotels all over Thailand and this place is old, tired and dirty. The villas washroom including tub, shower and sink are out side. The tub has bugs in it and hot water ran out. The pools have the most chlorine I have ever seen and the main pool is dark and dingy. I went to order from the restaurant while lying on the beach and the waiter returned to tell me that the chicken and spring rolls I ordered were smelly and rotten so I couldn't order it. What!!! Is this how they rate the freshness of there food....by smelling it? Luckily there is a couple restaurants close by we ate at instead. We are not picky people but for the price there is way way waaaay better places on samui. Our bed was as hard as the floor and my fiancés robe had old blood on it. The staff are friendly and I feel bad that they have to work there. Also they wanted 550 baht for breakfast per person. Insane!!!! The place made me feel used. So disappointed in this place.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Thornick23
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night coming from Ko Tao, which turned out to be very practical as it is located just a few minutes walk from the pier where the boat comes in. The hotel is beautiful and has a very relaxed atmosphere. It was supposed to be fully booked, but it did not feel busy at all. The garden villa was very nice and spacious.The bed could have been a bit softer and the lighting could have been better, but we loved the garden with an outside bathroom and living area. Don`t go for the beach front villas - they are not actually beachfroont but behind the pool area....The pool area is really nice and right on the beach. We ate both at the pool bar and the restaurant and the food was very good! The hotel is not located in the centre of mae nam and there is not a lot to do or see nearby, but if you are looking for relaxing days by the pool/beach it is the perfect place. And even if the massages were a lot more expensive than on the beach - it was absolutely worth it! Service is good, but not great... It just seems to lack the personal touch so typical for Thailand.

Room Tip: Don`t go for the beach front villas - they are not actually beachfroont but behind the pool area....
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice bungalows with outside lounge and bathroom, nice furnished. Beautiful garden, nice pool area with sunbeds. However the location is not the best. Close to the Lompraya pier so dirty waters and traffic in the sea. Staff is very submissive and also a bit unexperienced. We had to wait forever for the food and ir wasnt always necessary things on the tables such as napkins, forks etc. It is a nice hotel but not as nice as they like to be.