Tripadvisor
Chiang Mai
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sunday night market frosted glass hear things front facing the penthouse great location old city this wonderful hotel door step basic hotel pool view bigger room tha pae gate decent breakfast walking distance comfortable bed sunday walking street
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently spent three nights at Moon Dragon, comfy beds, nice staff, right on the Sunday walking street, tasty breakfast. Pool was cold but was due to the fact that sun doesn’t get to it from height of building.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2020

I stayed at the Moon Dragon Hotel in September of 2019. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I reserved a Deluxe Double, which was located in the back, away from the street. This hotel is on the street of the Sunday Night Market, so I was able to pick up street food, drop the food off, then explore the night market. Great location for solo female travelers since it is on one of the main streets so walking distance to many temples, places to eat, an ATM, spa and accessing transportation.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I stayed at the Moon Dragon Hotel for 6 nights over New Year. I’ve been to Chiang Mai before and stayed close to the night bazaar last time. I knew I wanted to be inside the Old City this time and Moon Dragon was perfect. It’s right on Sunday Walking Street and very close to many other attractions. Check in was simple and efficient. My room was spacious and serviced at the same time each day. Other reviews say to ask for a room to the rear of the hotel due to street noise. Fortunately my room was here anyway and on the third floor and My room also had a balcony overlooking the pool. This was a nice feature as there only appear to be four rooms that have a balcony. Breakfast included a small range of western and Asian options. It was simple but more than good enough for me. Breakfast is set up each morning on the ground floor right next to the pool. If you’re a light sleeper I would suggest asking for a room on a higher floor as breakfast set could potentially be noisy. I am an easy going guest and found Moon Dragon Hotel to be perfect for my needs. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 5, 2019

This is a really nice hotel right in the middle of the old city. Room was just great with a huge bathroom. Breakfast was lovely by the pool of a morning or out the front of the hotel watching the world go by. Staff make a hotel I say and the staff at the moon dragon were excellent and always happy to help and get tours etc. This hotel is within walking distance for most things in the old city and the red bus goes right past the door. Red bus 30 baht for a trip around town. Bight market right out the front of the hotel on sunday was great to explore.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper don't get a room on the road
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019

I have wanted to cancel the room or change the dates as i am unable to fly (due to medical) on my original date plan but the hotel is inflexible to do so (as i have accidentally book the the hotel room with a penalty of one night cancellation..with cancellation policy. i did not even realise until i saw my booking confirmation from hotel.com). Normally I do book cancellation without penalty . The best Moon dragon can do is to change the name.They wanted to charge me a night if i need to cancel and inflexible to even change the dates . i have asked few months back. Fortunately, i am travelling with my family and change the name. I am only able to arrive later. wasted and quite unpleasant.

The hotel only issue one card (very rare) and it is very difficult for the families as we tends to split away during shopping. I have booked a suite for 3A1C- Stay in room 403. The hotel is very simple. I have a young kid who is 2 years old. Please kindly take note that it is quite unsafe for children to walk along the walkway to the room at the higher level due to the window opening. young children can fall out easily as the opening is lower to their height and big enough for them to fall out. kindly take note that the suite does not have a living room. i think have to book the penthouse for the living room/

The hotel is a very basic hotel. Hygiene is acceptable. They do not have a restaurant but do serve their breakfast with a set up beside the pool. Food is simple and sufficient for the morning. If you like pool view there are only 3 tables. the rest of the tables will be located outside the hotel at the coffee area.

Room is relatively big with 2 double bed but there are insufficient chairs in the room only one lounge chair.. they have 4 chairs outside the balcony which is separate.. so only can sit 2 person at one time. the bed is comfortable and we had a good sleep.

This is a very basic hotel and best thing is the Sunday market is just right at the door step. You can easily go back to the hotel with the kids if they are tired. we are a huge family of more than 10 with a numbers of kids.

food can be easily purchase around - coffee and pizza can be easily purchase around the hotel.

Room tip: if you need a living room book the penthouse as suite does not have one.
Date of stay: November 2019