“Fabulous boutique hotel in lanna style teak home”
Review of Ruen Come In

Ruen Come In
Ranked #39 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed December 31, 2010

A fabulous small hotel (almost like a B & B--just exquisite). Food is the best around Chiang Mai. Nid, the owner, is an award-winning Thai chef in addition to innkeeper. She can also show you around. The rooms are large with beautiful appointments--Thai antiques, and wonderful celadon pieces, especially the elephants. Located near the Center of Chiang Mai but requires a car, tuk-tuk or other form of transit to get back and forth. Nid can make recommendations for, or arrange, anything you would like.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gottago1950

Reviewed August 5, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. The room was warm and cozy. The owner and staff were most accomodating. My fiance and myself had a most enjoyable stay. We plan to return often. The food was superb with large portions. I would reccomend the Huen Come Residence Villa Mansion to anyone wanting a private place to stay.

Gary Ruskin
Los Angeles, Ca.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blackbelt5
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband and I spent four nights for honeymoon in Huen Come Residence. The place was quiet and the room was tidy. The hostess and her family were very friendly. They gave us a lot of useful advices for planning our trip. They generously offered us a complimentary dinner - and the food was delicious :)

A little drawback is that the location is not so convenient - the Residence is not situated in the old town and the tuk tuk drivers are not so familiar with the directions. However we would still love to stay in this Residence when we go to Chiang Mai again - cos the Residence itself is already nice enough to stay. :)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hamuimui
Reviewed February 26, 2010

After long and painful search my boyfriend and I found this hidden gem of northern Thailand. We couldn't believe that such a wonderful place could be so affordable, it was too good to be true! We ended up booking a room there for a month. Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh mango juice (it's homemade from their own garden btw), the tastiest one I've ever tried in my life.

All 3 rooms are very spacious and beautiful and cleaned every day, and we could tell that all interior decorations were picked with great care, unlike the generic rooms in big chain hotels that all look the same. All 3 rooms are located on the second floor, and the restaurant is downstairs. The restaurant food is probably one of the best Lanna style restaurants in town, or maybe even all of nothern Thailand.

I don't think I've ever felt so welcome in any other place I stayed before, and I travel a lot. We were practically treated like family!
We are definitely planning to come back in a few months :)
So my advice to anyone reading this: If Huen Come is within the price range you are comfortable with look no further, this is the best value-for-money place you are going to find.

Ana