Ruen Come In
$93
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$105
$55
$376
$340
Agoda.com
All reviewsteak woodcooking classtuk tuknorthern thai cuisineold cityyoga retreatlanna stylebusiness cardbeautiful hoteltaxi riderose petalsbig bathroomour honeymoonbreakfast each morningfantastic staypad thaiseparate shower
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We couldn't have asked for more during our wonderful trip round Thailand. We stayed here near the end of our trip and I am so glad we did. After arriving quite late in the day we had spent the afternoon by a pool, we were hungry and needed a shower! The restaurant closed at 9.30, but the owner said not a problem, go get a shower we will wait for you... They were so lovely. We were amazed by the beautiful teak buildings, our room was spacious, the shower was huge and we had a jacuzzi bath. The meal was perfect, the smell if teak in the restaurant is inviting, our food delicious. The tea was the best I have ever had! We didn't feel any pressure, the staff were so helpful and friendly. The ponds around the property have big fish and very loud frogs.. The lady joked and told us some people complain that they are so noisy but I enjoyed listening to them, it added to the charm. The breakfast was tasty, pre-ordered the night before. We sat outside, very nice. The owners have a farm and grow their own produce. I am not sure about the location, we arrived in the dark and unfortunately had to go to the airport shortly after breakfast so didn't get to explore the area. I liked this hotel a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I never met the famous Mrs. Mai. And yet the stay was still incredile - with the spacious teak rooms (our suite, Ruen Kaew, had a large sitting room!) and a great bathroom. Shower with a huge showerhead, yey. In addition to the wonderful rooms, the staff was also excellent - they were helpful and smiling, the breakfast was great with Western and Thai options (tiny fish breakfast, yikes).
I would recommend ths place to anyone - it is worth a little extra money for a few days of bliss!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Ruen Come In is tucked away in a peaceful compound, a welcome respite from city street noises. The rooms are beautifully done with wood panels and floors. The room as well as the bathroom were spacious.
The courtyard is welcoming with lots of shade, chairs and cushions. Breakfast is varied and each day we got the organic selection. The portions are generous, on the second day we had to ask them to reduce the amount.
The hosts are warm and friendly. All in all, we had a great time and will gladly recommend this hotel.
The only downside is the location, I wish the hotel was closer to town. Even though we like walking the busy streets were just not fun to walk. Luckily the tuk-tuk fares are low and the hotel owners are happy to give guests a ride into town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisazon
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a long flight to Chiang Mai we were looking forward to getting our heads down for a few hours. The route we took to the Ruen Come In was interesting, we saw lots of beautiful shiny temples. We received a warm welcome from the staff, they really couldn't do enough for you. The room was stunning...we couldn't believe it, the rooms were all booked prior to arrival so the top room was the only one available, what a bonus, Jacuzzi bath, big shower, more than enough space for clothes and kit. In the evening we had a gorgeous meal in the restaurant, the food was the best we had tasted during our 10 day trip all over Thailand. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to travel to Chiang Mai, it really is stunning and the staff are fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I loved this B&B.

Mrs. Mai is an unbelievable host. She went out of her way to drive me around the city, taking me to the market for some Chinese medicine and bandages for my blistered feet. She introduced me to the other guests at the hotel, including an amazing German couple who I ended up having dinner with several times and a very nice Australian couple, who went with us to the locals market. I feel like I genuinely made some personal connections with Mrs. Mai and the other guests, which is a very nice feeling to have, and one that simply cannot be had by staying in one of the gaudy super-resorts in the town proper.

Yes, the hotel is a little out of the way. Sharpen your bargaining skills and use tuk-tuks. You are in Thailand and, by the point your arrive in Chiang Mai, should be handy enough with negotiations to not get taken advantage of by the drivers. Otherwise, the hotel has bicycles available for use (which I did not take advantage of).

The breakfasts laid out by the staff are delicious and perfect. Get the Chiang Mai style friend chicken at least once.

The rooms are like entering another world. The Lanna architecture of the structure that I stayed in was so nice. It was designed by Mrs. Mai's son! Beautiful teakwood, nice spa bath. Beds are luxurious.

Ruen was a welcome, blissful relief from the insanity of Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo