“Le Grand Lanna - Not as good as I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Grand Lanna

Le Grand Lanna
Ranked #62 of 2,025 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Speciality Thai restaurant with seating for 180. Cuisine is from both Northern and Central Thailand. Le Grand Lanna is set in a cluster of traditional Lanna style buildings. A Thai Classical Dance Show entertains guests nightly. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Singapore
“Le Grand Lanna – Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were highly recommended this restaurant for its setting and food.
Despite the distance from the town, we did not mind taking a cab to reach the restaurant.

Though the outside of the restaurant is beautiful – it being in the grounds of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, we were not able to admire it as we arrived at 7.30pm. Our late booking also resulted in us having the indoor seating away from the stage area. But we did not mind missing the performance - as it was the usual run of the mill performance. The dancers did dance their way into our room occasionally and that was good for photo taking.

The staff is polite but service was slow. The food was good authentic Northern Thai cuisine but nothing outstanding or exceptional. But the beef dish in particular was not good – tough and the marinade was not tasty - we could not finish it.

We were in a group of 4. We ordered a set dinner for 2 as well as a seafood set for 2.
Both sets came with a plate of appetizers to share (one piece per person/or to be shared by 2), and a bowl of soup each. For each set, there were 4 entrees to be shared between 2 people. The meal ended with fruits and thai dessert served individually.

The price was indeed exorbitant for a substantial though less than perfect meal.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Best Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food is great, I got the Thai sampler for 1 person (it may be available if you ask), and it is really A LOT OF food, but everything is supreme!!
I made a reservation to watch the show from 19 to 20h during dinner, but since I was solo, they gave me the worse table possible, so I had to stand up to watch the show.

• Visited August 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent food and Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

A really nice restaurant with authentic Thai food and compared to the quality and setting very reasonably priced. Baring in mind you are in the Dhara Dhevi ... Service as everywhere was impeccable and every night from 8 -9 PM there is a dinner show which is very authentic compared to other cheap touristic shows. Probably also as it is frequented by many Thai..

• Visited July 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Perfect for a special night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on our recent anniversary trip to Thailand. I made reservations prior to our trip very easily by filling out a request form on their website. I was contacted by email immediately confirming my reservation. I told them it was our anniversary and when we arrived our table had the best view of the Lanna dance show. The show starts at 8 and is an hour long. All our food was fantastic, especially the curries. Our favorite part of the meal was actually the signature MO Chiang Mai martini. It had vodka, honey, and lemongrass. It was the best cocktail I've ever had! The service was wonderful and they even provided a great bug spray just in case. Get to the restaurant early to walk around the beautiful grounds of the hotel. The menu is more expensive than most restaurants in Chiang Mai, but still cheaper than what you would get for the same thing in the states.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MichelleDyer
Phetchabun, Phetchabun, Thailand
“Excellent Food and Nice Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there since hotel still not official-opening,
Set Menu is recommended for everyone,
Wine prices are reasonable,(better)

• Visited July 2012