“Perfect”

Ranked #25 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Perth, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The staff were very friendly, the service was excellent, the food was delicious, the pool was clean and modern and the appartment was pristine. I was very impressed with my stay, it was by far the best hotel that we stayed at during our trip to Thailand. The hotel really made my stay in Chiang Mai!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReggieReg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed August 28, 2009

This hotel had it all we had an upgrade on arrival and were somewhat supprised with size of the bathrooms seperate power shower flat screen tv one in the bedroom and one in the loungue washing machine cooker large fridge ect ect the bed was huge and im 205 cm tall it was a real shame that we couldnt stay there for longer as we only had 4 nights there.the staff were all genuinglly happy and not just wearing a smile.shame about the location allthough very close to the airport.the main part of chiang mai was a five minute ride away and the area which was a bleasing as the town did seem to be more inkeeping to the traditional architecture and ambience of thailand so it was refreshing that chiang mai kept its culture and was not a concreet jungle of overtowering hotels spoiling the great mounting views from the idelic city.Recomend the shooting range,and elephant treaking,rafting in this part of thailand.you are also in the flightpath of the airport but there was only two planes that i remeber on the whole trip,and it was not a problem as the rooms seemed very well sound proofed.dont let this put you off a great hotel......

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hairyspaniard
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I selected a package deal from the hotel website that included transfers,accomodation & breakfast.I specified my flight number & arrival time & sent a reminder but on arrival there was no one there to greet me,waited 45 minutes then caught a cab to the hotel.On arrival told the check in girl that they were supposed to pick me up from the airport...yes sir we made a mistake,sorry & she offered me 140 bath compensation which I refused.(I felt bad to take it) The rooms are large & well appointed,modern & clean,I had a 1 bedroom overlooking the pool.The facilities are great,Ate at the restaurant everyday sometimes lunch & dinner,food good staff great,met the manager in the lobby & commended him on his staff & restaurant.Stayed 5 days,location abit out of the way,100 bath & 15 minutes to town,night market all the action...Now comes the bad bit...on checking out & paying my bill the girl at the cashier went through the phone calls restaurant food & accomodation I paid,then I noticed an item she avoided & did not tell me about on the bill titled "miscellaneous" 15 bath...(50 cents)so I asked her..what is that?She left me to serve someone else without answering...After a few minutes returned to say "the glass you broke in your room."After spending 12600 bath accomodation & food & not accepting their compensation of 140 bath for the taxi(because I felt bad),they charged me for a flimsy glass I broke for 50 cents & lost a customer for life!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
marketingCPH, The management at Kantary Hills, Chiang Mai, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at the Kantary Hills Hotel in Chiang Mai and to take this opportunity to respond to some of the comments you have made.

Our failure to pick you up at the airport is entirely our fault and we are very sorry it happened. Let me assure you it is not a common occurrence but one we take seriously when it does. I am glad to see you note in your comments that we offered to pay for your cab. You may also have mentioned that we upgraded you from a studio room to a one bedroom apartment for the entire length of your stay at no extra cost as a further means of compensating you for your trouble.

As for the incident regarding the broken glass, I agree with you that it was a trifling matter and the cost too small to have bothered to mention. However, in defense of our staff, it has been hotel policy that any damage to a room or its contents by a guest be reported and that that guest is charged for the damage they have caused. Failure to do so may result in that staff member being charged for the damaged item. I can assure you that if the matter had been referred to any of the management team you would not have been charged for the glass and the matter would have been dropped. Unfortunately this did not happen, highlighting a significant flaw in our policy.

So, as a consequence of your complaint, we are changing our policy regarding damaged goods for not only Kantary Hills in Chiang Mai but for all our properties in Thailand. This includes all hotels and serviced apartments in the Cape, Kantary and Kameo Groups. From now on, any damage which can be reasonably called ‘normal wear and tear”, such as a broken glass, will not be charged to any guests account but rather absorbed by the hotel. Any staff member who is unsure what to do in a particular case will be instructed to immediately refer the matter to management. In this way we hope to avoid a similar occurrence to the one you experienced.

One last thing I would like to comment on is your remarks regarding the taxi fees to downtown. It sounds like you took a private taxi/ Tuk Tuk that costs about 80-120 baht one way. However, there are other options. Kantary Hills offers transportation from the hotel to downtown by a limousine (3 seats with AC) for 170 baht per trip one way and by van (maximum 9 seats with AC) for 250 baht per trip one way. If you prefer cheaper transportation, in Chiang Mai there are what are called "red trucks" (like an open-air minibus) shared by anyone going in the same direction. The regular price for a red truck is 20 baht per person from Kantary Hills to the city center (negotiation and agreement on price before boarding is recommended). The point is there are many transport options and prices available.

I thank you for taking the time to write the above review of our hotel and am glad to see your stay was on the whole a very enjoyable one

Regards

The Management
Kantary Hills Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Wellington
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was such a lovely place to stay, out of the hussle and bussle of Chiang Mai and had lovely shops nearby. The staff were so accomodating and the rooms were amazing. The pool was great along with Jacuzzi and steam rooms. I would recommend for anyone to stay in this great hotel The breakfast was lovely and the resturant within the hotel was delicious.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends