Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience excellent food

Highly recommend it. They take you to a market, buy food. Explain everything you put in and why... read more

Reviewed March 6, 2020
56katiej
Amazing experience!

Amazing experience! We learned all about the ingredients that went into the dishes we made and the... read more

Reviewed March 6, 2020

from $27.90
from $25.11
from $66.97
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2016

My husband and I love to take cooking classes when we travel and this class is top on our list! So professional, everything was perfect. Our small group took a boat down a river to a market to begin the day. At first I wasn't too excited, then bam! We were walking in an area that we would NEVER found on our own. Our guide ... Can't remember his name, was so informative and we saw and sampled everything from A- Z! And yes, I sampled and no, I did not get sick. You name it, this market had it. We were also allowed to shop a little along the way. At a much lower price that any other markets we had toured. Great great great!
Then back to the school for our class. It's open air and very Thai. Large fans are placed to keep you cool while cooking. The class is very organized. While other classes you chop everything yourself and can be time consuming, this class had chopping done for you. We were able to spend more time learning the technique of cooking the dish. We cooked 5 dishes. When I first heard everything were were going to make, I thought to myself .... No way. But guess what? We did! You cook a dish, then gather at a table with your class and eat. We started out with spring rolls, then fried rice, pad Thai, green curry soup,(delicious by the way) and a sticky rice dessert! Needless to say, we were stuffed! Delightfully so! The class has 3 guys that instruct and help with individual needs. The owner, Roy, is in the class, helping with whatever that needs to be done. He is very friendly and a super nice guy. I give this class a 5 star+ I feel like I've been spoiled and not sure if our next cooking adventures will ever measure up. Also, cold water, soft drinks or Thai beer is offered as much as you like. At the conclusion of the class everyone gets a certificate 'Best Thai Chef' with you name is on it. Also, you can go online for all the delicious recipes. This class is top chef!

2  Thank KRICH2000
Aroy A, Owner at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

I must say you and your husband were so much fun. We really enjoyed y'all and sharing stories. Thank you for visiting and thank you for your kind words about your experience with us. We really appreciate it.
Best wishes from all of us at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School

Reviewed September 3, 2016

I recently had a friend from Bangkok visit and he asked me could we please go to the Aroy Aroy Cooking School. I thought it a wonderful idea as we both love Thai Food. I had attended a class there several months ago and enjoyed the experience. So he arrived on Monday and we were off to school the following day. They had changed the market tour drastically from the last time I had attended and this trip was very much improved. it was much more comprehensive and we went to the largest market in Chiang Mai. Chef " A " explained everything from Thai Fruits,Flowers fresh foods to prepared foods as well as how and why they were used. It was then back to the schoo where we prepare Thai favourites such as Pad Thai, Chicken with cashew nuts,chicken lettuce wraps ( our favourite of the day ) and Kao Soi ( Chiang Mai Noodles ) we ate each selection as it was cooked so it was still hot nor had gone soggy. These were some of our most loved dishes but every day offers different foods to prepare. It is clean and very well organized. Unlike my friend who had never cooked Thai Food before, I have been cooking it for over 30 years and am very pleased to say that I learned a lot that I did not previously know. It was a marvelous experience for both of us. I not only highly recommend this I would think it an absolute must for visiting tourists as they can revisit Thailand anytime they want just by going to their kitchen.

Date of experience: September 2016
4  Thank 163ThomasS

It thrills us when we have returning guests who come back to learn more of our Thai dishes.
Chef A's market tour is one of the best in Chiang Mai and many of our guests have stated we should start a separate market tour! Hmmmm..... of course the riverboat trip to the market is a bonus, but as you pointed out... its all about the food.
Thank you for returning to Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School and we trust you will be back again soon.
From all of us at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School

Reviewed August 28, 2016

My husband and I attended the cooking class at Aroy Aroy in Chiang Mai last week (in between our many Thai massages) and we are so glad we did. The chefs and the owner, Roy, are engaging, informative and clearly love their work. We started with the tour of the local market, traveling by public van, since the small dock had been flooded by the previous night's heavy rain. Chef A gave us a tour of a Chinese temple, the flower market, and the food market in Warorot, which was a highlight. He showed us the many types of fruits, vegetables, sweets, fish, spices. He was very informative, telling us about the toads and snails in the market, which were not for eating, but rather, for releasing into the river, along with any bad luck or juju that you might be experiencing.
After our tour, we went back to the kitchen to get to work. The facility is beautiful, spotless, and creatively set up to provide each person a workstation, wok with heating element, open air and high ceilings. The classroom is in a nice part of town, right on the river.
Chef A would demonstrate how to prepare a dish at the front of the class, then we would each go back to our stations to do the same. We were provided with prep bowels of pre-chopped ingredients. The recipes themselves are on the website. The chefs would oversee each of us preparing the dish, reminding us when to add ingredients, adjusting the heat for us as needed. Then, each student would serve up the dish onto a plate and we would sit down at the community table to eat each dish as it was prepared. We made minced chicken in lettuce wraps, pad thai, khao soi, a Northern Thai special noodle dish, cashew chicken and sticky rice with mango. Complementary beer topped off our meal. The food was really delicious, more than plentiful, and most of the dishes were easy to prepare and, with the purchase of a few key ingredients, would be easilyprepared at home. The camaraderie in the classroom, and the kindness and knowledge of the chefs were the best parts.
We would recommend this class very highly to anyone who is visiting Chiang Mai. I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to cooking classes in Thailand, but you will not regret coming to Aroy Aroy. Truly enjoyable and memorable.

Date of experience: August 2016

Many, many thanks for taking the time to review your day with us at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School.
It was a sincere pleasure meeting you and your husband.
As we approach our one year anniversary it humbles all of us here by your kind words and detailed description of your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Chiang Mai - great Thai food and great Thai massages!
Best wishes from all of us at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School

Reviewed August 14, 2016

I´ve attended the Aroy Aroy Cooking Class during my 3-night stay at Chiang Mai, at the very last day of my trip. It has really been one of the highlights - a very personal, high quality cooking course with high interaction, competent cooks and lots of fun. First, we visited the market and got an explanation of all the food and ingredients that are sold there - you´ll discover things you´ve never seen before.
The cooking facilities are located in a wonderful setting, near by the river, very clean and premium furnishings and equipment. The dishes are well chosen and very authentic and enourmeously delicious.
I´ll definitely come back with friends in October!

Date of experience: August 2016
Aroy A, Owner at Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Your kind reviews coming from a world traveler means very much to us. We thank you for taking the time to express your words about our school, which I will share with the team tomorrow.
We look forward to having you back in October.
Best regards,
The Aroy Aroy Team

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

We booked here because a friend told us that this was the best cooking school in Chiang Mai, and I'm very happy to follow his directions.
You can find a lot of cooking schools all over the city, but this one makes the difference.
At the beginning, a short introduction to the team and to the cheff "A" and "O". Later, a tour over a nice market for real Thai people ( not tourist ).
This tour over the market makes really sense to well understand later the real Thai Cooking method.
Very well explained, step by step, and with very fresh ingredients.
A must in your trip to Chiang Mai.
Thanks Aroy Aroy.

1  Thank Wtwose

Thank you for your great review and please thank your Thai friend in Barcelona for recommending us.
It was a real pleasure to meet you all and practice some Spanish and exchange travel stories.
We sincerely hope you all had a great time in Koh Samui.
Best regards,