This hotel opened about 3 year in Chiang Mai at the same time that I departed. ( i lived here for 10 years)
In Michelin red guide book , Shangri-la hotel , This name is ranked as 5 red pavillions among Mandarin Oriental hotel , Four seasons hotel in Hong Kong and Tokyo . But in Chiang Mai is NOT. Because of cheap price ( only 100USD for deluxe room+breakfast) , compete with holiday inn , Le meridien not rival of Mandarin oriental daradhevi or Four seasons resort.
#I like manything such as
1. service of staffs ( reservation, check in, check out, breakfast in restaurant ) ,
2. well equiped gym , hot jacuzzci ,Sauna ( but it is only provide powder and comb in locker room area)
3. featherbed , feather duvet and pillow , high quality bedsheet although it is only the lowest room categories & very spacious room and no bad smell.
Manything fail criteria of 5 star or Shangri-la hotel brand itself such as
1. cleanliness : obviously fungus plaque and dirted wall and floor of seperated shower in guest room and gym locker room.
2. Technology : this hotel provide free of WiFi throughout hotel but not provide ipod docking station or iphone charger in room or upon request. Small LCD television ( small as TV in bathroom in some hotel )
3. Breakfast :quality of service staff is excellent , many food choice but not have Smoked salmon( i think 5 star brand hotel must have It ) chicken and rice is place separate station but pastry line still OK both provide honey( in bottle ) and maple syrup.
3. Hotel amenities : standard but not attractive and poor in gym locker room , no turn down service( may be i came so late (11 pm)
***I ever stayed in Trader hotel in Beijing 2 year ago ( lower grade of Shangri-la but the same chain ) but i think TRADER so much better than here.
" Lack of CLEANLINESS " and i amazed this hotel called Shagri-la hotel???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on Chang Klan Road, the Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai is within easy walking distance of the city's famous Night Bazaar. Situated in a lush garden setting, the hotel is just a 10 minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. It also enjoys close proximity to fascinating museums, cultural centers, and Chiang Mai's numerous temples, shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Shangri La