“top srvice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Sao Paulo, Sp
“top srvice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Shangri-la hotel in Chiang may has a very good location, next to the night market . excellent pool area with top service very good food and excellent rooms.
Horizon club lounge provides relaxing happy hour and perfect service, no matter if you need a Pizza in the late evening or if you need to book a trip, taxi or service.
very good ! I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I prefer Horizon Club rooms for the location ( on the top floors ) and for the exclusive service
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank babysu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location, space, architecture, pool, food and service - such a treat. Horizon club suite facing the mountain has wonderful views, if only you don't look down to the main road below, with annoying whirring tuk tuk's. Classical easy listening piano music fills the vast lobby reception that is mostly under appreciated by guests. Kad cafe offers good food with a great promotion for American Express holders where you pay for 1 dinner buffet , get 1 free - 466 baht nett (approx $15 AUD ). At that price we had buffet breakfast and dinner, but broke out on the third night for al-la carte northern style, worth trying, our two cocktails, shared entree and shared three mains came in under 1500 baht, there was definitely too much food. Metered taxis ordered by Concierge, it's all so orderly since out last visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MORR5MIC
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I arrived in Chiang Mai on the Wednesday 15th August & was greeted by reception & handed a welcome drink. I booked a executive room & was not disappointed as the room was large & also had good office/wifi facilities in the room as well.

I took advantage if the Chi spa facilites at the resort & it was pure luxury & worth every penny. The restaurant in the hotel had a wide range of local & international dishes available. I tried a range of dishes on the menu & the chef waiting staff & did a great job as I was happy from start to finish.

This hotel I would say is a hidden gem & would advise travellers to visit this resort if not to the hotel then you must try the Spa.

I had a great stay & I will be visitng again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank herbiehutchinson
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

stayed in one of the best rooms but 2 lights were out - both in bathroom. Jacuzzi looked tired and water pumps were not working. Stunning hotel but needs better management and attention to detail. Car park was absolutely full (wedding fair was being held) but you might think the staff would not let visitors take up all the 'guest' spaces in the car park? no wine glasses in the room so had to request those... it really could be great but it really wasn't. Cobwebs around jacuzzi too...

Room Tip: Don't bother with Jacuzzi room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stevensasia
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here just after new year for three days on the Club floor. Food in Rest was good but not as good as Bangkok SRL.
Service as alays first class and location very good to visit other parts of CM This was our second stay. We will be back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2PFK
Donggang, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed 8 days and Chiang Mai. The first 5 nights, I stayed in a very cosy and comfort room in a Boutique Hotel. The last 2 nights, I stayed in Shangri-la Chiang Mai with great expectation. But I found I was totally wrong. After waiting and waiting, they gave me a wrong room it was not my preference ( I booked my room in June and stayed in August) and it was a connected room and the connected door not locked. Finally, I changed my room, but I got a room with a lot of stain in the bath tube, it let me dare not to bath in the bath tube. I would not stay again in this hotel if I come to Chiang Mai again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

If I was a cloud, I hope I land in Shangri-la Chiang Mai, as I know I will find comfort and serenity here.

Upon arrival, we entered a very large and grand foyer. It was so ornate with magnificent chandeliers and iridescent mosaic walls that I almost expected Yul Brynner to be holding court. All the staff were dressed in Thai silk costumes, very discreet and very polite, I felt a bit like royalty. OK, a little spoilt princess.

We booked into a Horizon Club room on the same floor as the executive lounge, so whilst the room had the less attractive city view, this was offset by its proximity to the executive lounge. Our room itself was very pleasant, with its marble bathroom, cosy bathrobes and slippers. We also think we have discovered Shangri-La's secret - the place has a special scent throughout, from its fluffy towels to its toiletries!

The executive lounge staff were very hospitable and made us feel like valued guests. I only had to request Thai tea from "Teamasin" once, thereafter he always had a tall icy glass ready for me. Likewise "Apinya" would offer me hot chocolate every evening. There was another lovely young lady who upon learning we were departing the next day, offered to organise our wake-up call, check-out and transport without prompting. This is truly anticipating the needs of your guests! The food in the executive lounge could improve, many ingredients reappeared daily and you had to ask for things if not offered. Some guests were also loud and boorish (sorry to say, usually Australian!).

Shangri-la is amongst the top 3 hotels in Chiang Mai but the ONLY one that offers luxury, location and an unforgettable experience. It is 15mins from the airport, you can walk to the Night Markets and there are tuk-tuks outside 24/7. The cocktail evening with George the GM and his lovely team was very enjoyable, it shows the Shangri-la is interested in its guests and wants to make us feel as if we're on Cloud 9!

Room Tip: Have breakfast in Kad Cafe on the ground floor, there is more variety but it is also busier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple