“I loved this place!”
Review of BanThai Village

BanThai Village
Ranked #43 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were so pleasantly surprised with this hotel! It is nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, and in a great location for the night bazaar. The staff were great, helpful and friendly....and they speak English really well. This was my favorite hotel of the entire trip. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: There are a lot of narrow stairs, so may be better to get on the lower floors of possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We will definitely share this with the team and celebrate it together.

We look forward in welcoming you once again to Banthai Village Chiang Mai.

There are newer reviews for BanThai Village

Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you are looking for 5 star standard of hotel, don't look here, but if you want somewhere clean, comfortable and quiet , this is the place for you!
I booked this hotel after reading on Tripadvisor a comment that described it as a"little oasis" and that's what it is.
After the heat and hustle of the streets it's a welcome sight.
Yes, the pools are small but adequate and well maintained.
The rooms are more than adequate if somewhat quirky with the shower/bath tub arrangement.
Breakfast was typical of most hotels in this price range but there appeared to be plenty of it and catered for Western and Asian cuisines.
There are plenty of shops within walking distance, as is the Night Market and the Night Bazaar.
All in all, it ticked the boxes for a restful few days before heading home.

Room Tip: Due to the structure of the hotel and it's abundance of wooden floors, it can be a little noisy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen and Ross M

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. and I was delighted to read you had understanding about our theme and style , In particular our rooms, our centralize location etc.

We look forward in welcoming you once again to Banthai Village Chiang Mai.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been to many parts of Thailand many times and this is the 2nd time I am in Chiangmai. For the price that we have paid for Banthai this Mar 2014, this place is doing an injustice to the reputation of Thailand hospitality industry

Hygiene
1. Stink towel - On my last day of stay, the new changed towel on the rack has a residual smell of sweat

2. Choke and stain bathroom - The wall of the bathroom look stained and the drainage of the shower area is slightly choke. I have to wait for quite awhile after my friend uses the shower else i will be stepping into a paddle

3. Dirty bathtub - Yellow stain all around and rusted tap. Note - do not use

4. Dusty room and bed - I am slightly sensitive to dust. My body breakout in rashes when i get back to room. The only way i can stay comfortably in the room is to take a shower and hide within the sheets

Facility
old tv and DVD player - We brought movies on our USB but there is neither connectivity on the TV (the old big TV) or the DVD player with USB adaptor

Place is run down - This hotel is quite rundown.

Small pool - There are 2 small swimming pool.

Big gap at the door - The room that i stay has a gap at the door, big enough for outside to peek into the room

Aircon placement - The placement of the aircondition is blowing directly on my face when i sleep.

The location of Banthai is good. However, there are many options within the area which i will prefer to go to when i next visit Chiangmai

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Agnes L
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you during your recent visit and sharing your comment through TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as you expected. Your comments are of our utmost concern and we would like to explain to you as follow.
Hygiene
- Sorry for this problem and I have checked with the laundry department and inform this comment direct to the Manager of Washing plant to recheck all about the towel before shipping to us.

- The drainage of the shower area is slightly choke , this problem you should inform our staff because this problem we can improve immediately some time ,clog pipes by hairline.

3. Dirty bathtub - Yellow stain all around and rusted tap. Note - do not use
-Lymph stains caused by Art spa water and the dirty of the bath tub caused from material but we tried to clean by Stain remover but anyway it look like dirty , in next green season we will renovate all about the bath tub with new material and better quality.

-Dusty Caused by powder of Washing plant but why you didn't inform us about this problem due to you slightly sensitive if you inform us , we can find the solution for you.

5. bed bug - I did not get bug bites, but my friend's arm is dotted by insect bite that is surely not caused by mosquito.
-Due to we're situated in the tropical zone and so sorry about that and I have inform the housekeeping Supervisor to recheck the room every time after they make up the room.

Facility
- For about the TV is still good working but we have plant to change it as soon. DVD player you had informed you brought movies on our USB , if you require us about DVD player to support USB we can charge a new one for you.

Simple spread for breakfast - the spread is decent, but for the hospitality quality in Thailand that i had experience, this is way below average .
- due to our breakfast is make fresh as per require dish per dish. It's look average breakfast.

Small pool - There are 2 small swimming pool.
- about the size of the pool you can search in the similar hotel we're the Standard swimming pool size and we 're small boutique not the building hotel that they has 100 rooms up.

- The gap Caused by the shrink wood due to our hotel build by teakwood.

-You can adjust the Aircon via remote control that we had provided in you room.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology. should you need anything to suggest us please contract direct to our email .

Thanks,
Best regard.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The location is very good and very connected to main avenues. The hotel its ok, good for the price, the rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast its good nothing extraordinary. About the tours you can arrange at the hotel, I saw a lot of people complaining, you can find cheaper tours at travel agencies.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at our Banthai Village Chiang Mai. I was delighted to read you had such a positive experience . I have taken note of your comment regarding the location ,breakfast, clean room etc. for about the Tour the price may be higher than outside due to we can guarantee if anything happened and the tour that we had offered for our guests from the good company and popular in Chiang Mai.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Location is good - walking distance from just about everything, markets, walking streets and Thapae Gate to Old City. There are 2 small pools that are well maintained and perfect to cool down in after a days activities. Breakfast is good with fresh fruit, cereals, eggs to order and a few local dishes. The hotel has a nice feel with lots of wood which gives it a real authentic Thai atmosphere. We had a Superior Room that had a very comfortable mattress but on a wooden platform that surrounded the bed which made the rest of the room feel small as you had to walk around it . The other "but's" are - only one tiny cupboard where you could only hang about 5 items - no drawers or shelves so you have to live out of your suitcase - bathroom design totally insane, glass basin with a tap that is right on the edge that sprays water all over the place when you open it and a huge sunken bath with 2 levels that has a fixed shower with only cold water and a hand held one with hot and cold water and no shower curtain.
Overall a pleasant place and they also provide free Wifi. If it was not for the few very irritating negatives I would definitely have given it a much higher rating.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Banthai Village Chiang Mai. I was delighted to read you had such a positive experience and so sorry for tiny cupboard and bath room facilities to make you disappointed .I have taken well note and report this comment to our general manger to improve it as soon as possible .We look forward to seeing you back here in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I can imagine that some people get very excited about this place, but I am definitely not one of them. I cannot say that it is bad but -as boutique hotel- I have seen better - much better!
The rooms are ' okay' but nothing special: first of all with a outside temp of 35 + degrees celsius: one would hope the have a really good aircon working. Not our case: it blew just circulated the air and with a rather 747 take off noiselevel! Showerrod falling off its rod, a waterpressure that filled the bathtub in one hour ( NOT joking!) and there were several oddly malfunctions. Do not look too closely as there are some traces of mildew in the bathroom and other 'worn out/aged' signs throughout the room and the hotel overhaul.
There seems to be several buildings which forms the whole complex: but - again to me: - it is all a bit too cramped!
The walk to the nightmarket might be short, but I cannot say as we never gotten to it.
The hotel itself is situated between 2 alleys with several small restaurants serving both Asian and Western dishes.that is good!
Breakfast: okay...
Staff: often uninterested and not involved- friendly-ish, but not too concerned to find a solution to problem THEY had created ( did not happened to us but to 2 other guests).
Would I stay there again: NO! Would I recommend this place: No! Would I rather pay a bit more and get a bit more comfort and service: yep!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as you expected our hotel was open 7 years since Nov 2007 ,and if we have something to make you disappointed , please accept our apology and we have taken well note for every comment that you had mentioned and report to the owner and the general manager to improve everything in next green season.
however

Sincerely

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights here. Travelled as a 3, paid for an extra bed in the room, this was comfortable, so definitely do this rather than paying for 2 rooms. Really nice room, bathroom was also nice, plenty of towels, amenities etc provided.
Housekeeping, not that efficient..on more than one occasion forgot to clean bathroom, leaving us with dirty towels and no loo roll, but on asking reception, this was sorted. I still don't think our bathroom floor was cleaned every day though,so take something to wear in the shower!
Loads of mosquitoes in our room, had to ask every day for mossie repellent to be sprayed, they even provided us with a plug in repellent, but there were still quite few to be seen. Miraculously, we didn't seem to get bitten though!
Really nice refreshing pool, nice sunbeds. Really really good poolside food, at really decent prices too, so eating in the hotel is always an option if you don't feel like venturing out on an evening. Friendly staff, good location, near night bazaar and weekend market. Also has a laundry place nearby which is so cheap and efficient, so definitely get your laundry done here!
I'd really recommend this place.. Good staff, good location, good price.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you and your during your recent visit and sharing your good comment through TripAdvisor. We are very sorry for our housekeeper that they had forgot to clean and change to new towel for you but after you had required they had brought it to you and for the mosquito is beyond to our control due to we are situated in the middle of the community and small waterspout around our hotel however ,we had spayed mosquito every 15 days (Pest control) and also spray in the guests room but for now the mosquito, they had evolution to protect them from the mosquito repellent spray .
we have a plan to install the mosquito net for all rooms.
However Thank you for sharing such a positive review of our resort .
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with your family again in the not too distant future.