I have been to many parts of Thailand many times and this is the 2nd time I am in Chiangmai. For the price that we have paid for Banthai this Mar 2014, this place is doing an injustice to the reputation of Thailand hospitality industry
1. Stink towel - On my last day of stay, the new changed towel on the rack has a residual smell of sweat
2. Choke and stain bathroom - The wall of the bathroom look stained and the drainage of the shower area is slightly choke. I have to wait for quite awhile after my friend uses the shower else i will be stepping into a paddle
3. Dirty bathtub - Yellow stain all around and rusted tap. Note - do not use
4. Dusty room and bed - I am slightly sensitive to dust. My body breakout in rashes when i get back to room. The only way i can stay comfortably in the room is to take a shower and hide within the sheets
5. bed bug - I did not get bug bites, but my friend's arm is dotted by insect bite that is surely not caused by mosquito
old tv and DVD player - We brought movies on our USB but there is neither connectivity on the TV (the old big TV) or the DVD player with USB adaptor
Place is run down - This hotel is quite rundown.
Simple spread for breakfast - the spread is decent, but for the hospitality quality in Thailand that i had experience, this is way below average
Small pool - There are 2 small swimming pool.
Big gap at the door - The room that i stay has a gap at the door, big enough for outside to peek into the room
Aircon placement - The placement of the aircondition is blowing directly on my face when i sleep.
The location of Banthai is good. However, there are many options within the area which i will prefer to go to when i next visit Chiangmai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banthai Village is the mini size hotel that tries to keep balance between the tradition and modernity among the changes of the world. This modern-Lanna decorated hotel, consisting of 23 rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BanThai Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banthai Village Chiang Mai