“If you want the personal touch”
Review of BanThai Village

BanThai Village
Ranked #36 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“If you want the personal touch”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

lovely small hotel which offers a personal touch that the larger hotels lack. Very close to the night bazaar which is where most of the action is in Chaing Mai. Hotel staff are very helpful and the fact you get free WiFi is a bonus. Would defo recommend this to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fossey120383
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review here in Tripadvisor! I was so happy to ready that you had such a good experience with us. The staff will be delighted to read your comments, Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We loved the hotel, we thought it was an oasis in the middle of a bustling city. The location was perfect; walking distance to many shops and restaurants and minutes away from the night market.The hotel itself is very beautiful, it has a great design with a nice atmosphere and Thai music to help you relax. Hotel staff is helpful and friendly.We would certainly stay there again!

1 Thank Alejam22
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review here in Tripadvisor! I was so happy to ready that you had such a good experience with us. The staff will be delighted to read your comments, I noted your comment regarding the design ,the music at the pool ,the location etc. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome you back.
Tenterfield, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be a beaut place right in the middle of wherever we wanted to go. Walked down a little alley way to be on one of the main roads with numerous tuk tuks going past wanting to know if we wanted to go somewhere!! Staff were extremely friendly nothing was a bother even going above and beyond in their service to us.though we were wary of any sort of foods we ate in their resturant every night as we found their food to be simple,tasty, and fresh. They also provide entertainment at dinner time. As they advertise their hotel as a Boutique hotel, this is what drew me to booking it (as well as a friend saying how good it was!!) Not like the major hotel chains being clinical, i found Banthai Village to be clean culturally quaint with authentic fixtures, but most importantly safe!!!( not that we felt unsafe any time in the city of Chiang Mai. I thoroughly reccommend this place to any seasoned or first time traveler.

Room Tip: Book a 1st floor room so you can sit out on the balcony and read/relax
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mummab69
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a positive review of our Banthai Village and especially the Staff ,the food at the restaurant and etc. and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with you again in the not too distant future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My room was on the top floor, overlooking the pool. It was an interesting room in that is was two floors! I had a private balcony on the top floor, and the bed and bathroom, icebox, were on the top as well. On the main floor was the bathroom with shower, wardrobe, and a slightly smaller patio space. The room was great, atmosphere of the entire place was peaceful and had real local charm. The attractions desk was very helpful and managed to get me on many tours despite my last minute requests. They had nightly live music that was very nice, and a great pool, though small. The location is AMAZING! Walking distance (less than 5 mins) to anywhere, and with the Loy Krathong Festival, this hotel was in the middle of the two best locations for lanterns and parades; yet at night you couldn't hear any of the crowds or noise. The service was average, and extra charges here and there which would typically be complimentary. I didnt have the food, as there are many local restaurants so close. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a great view of the courtyard, and the dual floor idea was very neat. I was furthe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kwiebs
Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at Banthai Village Chiang Mai. I was delighted to read you had such a positive experience such as the design of the room the location and atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you back here in Chiang Mai, hopefully sooner than in 10 years time!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights.
The hotel is well located near the Thapae Gate and night markets.The service was also good.
the bathroom was a bit strange, with a big hole in the ground Shub and weak tap i and a strange shower curtain that formulated the bathroom blinds.
Breakfast we average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review here in Tripadvisor! I was so happy to ready that you had such a good location. I noted your comment regarding the weak tap in the bathroom. the bathroom was deign by the owner and the bath tub like a Japanese mix old Lanna styles ,the weak tap due to the period that you had stayed with us our room was very dense and normally this building no any problem with the weak tap since open last year anyway I am very sorry for this inconvenience and I will report this comment to our technician to recheck and fix it. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome you back.
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The banthai village is well located to walk into the city or to the night bazaar. The service is very average. Some good days other bad. They did not cook my wife's breakfast correctly, acted like calling a taxi for us was a major inconvenience etc.... The best part was afternoon music that was very nice between day of site seeing and night of bazaar hanging.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Banthai-RSVN, Front Office Manager at BanThai Village, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay here Banthai Village Chiang Mai. I have taken note of your comment regarding They did not cook your wife's breakfast correctly, acted like calling a taxi for you was a major inconvenience etc. I will take time to review this selection with our Director of Restaurants and Bars and Front Office Supervisor to improve our quality and service and sorry again for this matter.
we hope you'll choose BanThai Village the next time you're in Chiang Mai.
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location! Only 120 baht to the airport (one-way). Halfway between old town and the night market (only a few blocks each way). Very friendly staff. Delicious Thai dinner menu (15% off from 5-7p). Relaxing quiet areas throughout the premises. The rooms were decent, a crack in the door lock allowed in some flies...and the showers weren't the nicest (a cement poured hole...), but they were quaint... I would have loved a workout room, but I guess that's not a big deal. Free wifi in rooms and lobby too.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at Banthai VillageChiang Mai. I was delighted to read you had such a positive experience . I have taken note of your comment regarding Very friendly staff. Delicious Thai dinner menu (15% off from 5-7pm). Relaxing quiet areas throughout the premises and for the room that you had comment I will recheck with Housekeeping Supervisor and the technician to fix it immediately we're grateful if you can specific which room number that you recent stay .We look forward to seeing you back here in Chiang Mai and thank you again for your stayed with us.