Review Highlights
caring fun with elephants

I have been here twice and am so impressed with its ownership's genuine concern and efforts to... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Michael M
santa rosa, United States
Wonderful experience... can’t wait to go back

Wow! What an amazing experience. Got picked up right on time in an a/c bus. Saw a mom and baby as... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Regan D
via mobile

4,018 results
All reviews elephant owner once in a lifetime baby elephants health check breeding program end of the day amazing experience elephant health elephant experience take care professional photographer fried chicken best days of my life month old baby riding bareback highlight of our trip learned how
Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

We loved this. Zero signs of neglect or cruelty. Elephants were happy and well cared for. You could see their trainers respected them and cared greatly for them. They refuse to let any of the elephants do tricks or perform.

Day starts out with a visit to mom and baby elephants. They explain their breeding program and successes. (0 mortalities)

Off to the mahout training. You get a sweet vest and meet your elephant and make friends. This includes feeding it a bucket of sugar cane and bananas. After that you check for signs of health, and this definitely includes an up close encounter with fresh elephant poop!!

After you get a nice ride through the jungle ending in a waterfall and bath time for you and your elephant. Delicious buffet style lunch and then you get sent home with a beautiful DVD chock full of pro photos!!

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Booked the owner for a day experience.....it was so worth it! What a wonderful place. You can tell the the number one priority of this place is the elephants. You can tell they are spoiled and so happy! Riding them was a blast as well...my husband..who will not even ride our own horses enjoyed it! Just truly amazing...will be visiting again.

1  Thank Gooberlicious3
Reviewed December 4, 2014

This was the most incredible, loving, bonding experience. The Patara Elephant Farm is the whole reason we came to Thailand. You can truly tell the elephants are loved & are happy here. From the 1rst moment of contact with Jumbo & his playful personality & all the other elephants we were in love. This was the best day of our lives. I would definitely recommend visiting this place. I would come back here again if I return to Thailand. Everyone was really nice & the food was amazing!!!!

1  Thank sandiecarpenter
Reviewed December 4, 2014

I have a done a few different trips with elephants and this is by far the best. The fact that you are able to be so hands on with your elephant is incredible. The company were easy to deal with and responded to emails quickly. All staff members made us feel welcome. I cannot recommend this trip enough. I would come back to Thailand just to do this trip again. I miss my elephant! Thank you for a fabulous day.

1  Thank Clairedums
Reviewed December 2, 2014

I had the time of my life being part of this staff were great even if in broken English and me not speaking Thai they treat the animals so well you learn so much shame it was only for a day if I go back to Thailand I will do this again in a heart beat and everyone else says you get a dvd/photos of the day