“Wow!!” 5 of 5 stars

Windsor, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing day. Amazing because we got to know an elephant for the day and experience her personality. The staff were amazing and totally in love with the elephants - if I was an elephant I would love to live there!!
This is not a theme park where you see elephants do tricks - you get to see them in their natural environment, walking through the bush eating bamboo and whatever else they want. There was lots of space for them to roam and lots of food for them to eat. The elephants were happy - clearly well treated.
We had 2 elephants between a family of 4 and this worked out well. Our boys have been talking about the experience non stop since we got back. Definitely the highlight of our trip - thank you Pat and your team.

1 Thank ChrisDWindsor_UK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A TRULY RECOMMENDED Experience :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We got the opportunity to visit Patara Elephant Farm, my husband hesitating a bit if the price we were going to pay was worthy or not.. but for me there was no doubt: that was the experience I wanted to live.. and I'm glad I keep myself strong on that point, cause he was happy also of having the chance to be there that day!!
Before going to Thailand, I really wanted to live an experience like that.. I read a lot of blogs regarding different farms, and so on.. and the reason why we chose them was mainly the treatment animals were having.. and we confirmed it: ANIMALS ARE REALLY WELL TREATED THERE GUYS!! They even have reproduce 7 elephants in 10 year, when the population of elephants in Thailand have been reduced by 50% in the same period of time!! We actually saw 3 baby elephants.. And one big female elephant pregnant .. who has already gave birth :)!! I saw the pic of the baby elephant on their fb page :). The elephants are free during the day.. They don't have chains!!We didnt want to contribute on animal mistreatment.. we wanted to have an experience that was bringing us closer to the nature and Elephants on their natural environment.. rather than to participate in an awful spectacle of animal captivity and mistreatment (you can see offers of Elephants Painting, Elephants playing Basketball.. and so on :S). Our day with the Elephant was more like a schooling day: they thought us how to check of they are in good conditions (healthy and a bit mentally as well.. For instance if the elephant is not waiving his ears he is in bad mood and can be dangerous for people to approach them) .. They tought us how to appoach them as how to win their confidence.. In case there was chemistry!! We even learn how to see by analyzing their poo if they are healthy!! We don't regret.. and we lived and learned that day.. is priceless!! Is an experience that will be always kept in my heart and mind as a precious one.. and If I have the chance one day to go back there with my kids, without no regrets and no doubts.. I'll do it!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank LajudRudas
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“easily highlight of the trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

went to two different elephant places during my chiang mai stay, and I have to say the elephants at patara are 100% healthier, happier, well looked after, and youthful!! Patara really looks after their elephants with love, and in return the elephants gives you a wonderful experience!! I understand that this elephant farm is much more expensive than other places in chiang mai, but it definately was worth every penny!! The lunch provided by the farm was a feast!! the group of us could barely finish 1/3 of the food, which I was glad to know that instead of wasting food, they became a treat for the elephants.

2 Thank Aoni X
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Elephant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Patara Elephant Farm was an incredible experience for my wife and I. Learning how to understand the mannerisms of the elephants was amazing because you felt like you could almost know what they were thinking. The energy of the staff was calm and assertive so you always felt safe around these huge animals...Soooo cool!

1 Thank Scott E
California Hot Springs, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I never had such experience before in my entire life. I truly recommend this place. This is something you cannot miss if you are in Chiang Mai.

1 Thank Jenny M