“Very tasty again.”

The Duke's Ping River
Ranked #160 of 2,723 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Since 2005 David Anichowski opened the Duke’s the first American restaurant by the Ping River in Chiang Mai.David Anichowski loves to eat great food and have a good time with family and friends, it is slogan is “No claims…No Games…Just Great food” A lot of hard work has provided Great food, Great service and Great prices to the customer of the Duke’s The Duke’s sells a lot of fresh beef; we only use imported Australian meat for our steaks, and we buy a lot of products directly from Bangkok. All of our sauces, breads, soups, dressings and cakes are made fresh daily and we cook to order. The American-style food is served in a family-friendly atmosphere The Duke’s has 5 outlets in Chiang Mai and Lamphun, Ping River, Maya Shopping Mall, Night Bazaar, Promenade Mall and Jampha Mall in Lamphun.
Reviewed July 21, 2016

In my last review we were very dissappointed in the Caesar salad and Rueben sandwich we were served. Subsequently I brought it to the Dukes attention. They apologized and really made an effort to keep our business. Very commendable for Thailand. We decided to give them another try. They have an awesome varied menu but we always order our favorites the Caesar salad and the foccacia Patrami Rueben sandwich. We were not dissapointed this time! Both were delcious and up to the standard and taste we expect at the Dukes. This was more than enough food for two hungry people. Our faith in the Dukes is restored, and we will definitely come back the next time we are in Chiangmai.

This restaurant is highly recommended when you have a craving for familiar western tastes. Prices are not cheap but very reasonable for the quantity and quality.

1  Thank Marshall H
Write a reviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed July 19, 2016

We dined here during the night market in late June. We ordered a humungous pizza that fed all 5 of us. It wasn't great value for money, but the pizza and the service was good.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 17, 2016

The Duke's still has the best burgers in town. They also make a reasonable pizza. Their other meals are a mixed bag. I'd stay away from the mexican menu, and am not a huge fan of the italian food either. All in all though it's been a favorite of ours for years.

1  Thank erasmushurt2002
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

I was tired and hungry and needed some nice food after a 840km drive. I've been to the Duke's before when I've visited Chiang Mai and I normally go for the ribs. The waitress recommended the July Special, triple thread burger, sausage, bacon, pulled pork with cheese I think as well as hand cut fries and a small dish of pickles. I like the BBQ sauce they do with the ribs, I asked if it was possible for a small dish of it with my main course, they kindly obliged. I would like to say it was the nicest, tastiest and best value burger I've had in my life, absolutely delicious. I dont know if it was the chesse in the burger but I even had a dream where i was eating another one, must have been good. The chesse cakes are nice too, expencive but very nice, I had the caramel cheese cake. Better get there before the offer ends.

1  Thank smartypants2015
Reviewed July 13, 2016

First I gave this place more than one chance. I ,unlike alot of the reviewers here am not a tourist, I reside in Chiang Mai. So I'm not on holiday looking at everything thru ''rose colored glasses''. Or an inebriated back packer who thinks a french fry is a delicacy. I went a week ago an ordered the ''big'' nacho .. which costs almost 6USD. Alot OF chips..not much on the toppings and some genius decided to put the refried beans UNDER the chips . so you had to scrape them up off the plate and they had the texture of cement. So six dollars for some stale corn chips...NEXT -The basic route 66 burger. It was ok ..the beef was beef. But it was overcooked a bit dry and too much salt...fries-meh..not good not bad..all in all nothing to brag about here.NEXT- went back a few days ago for the chili burger. Hoping for something better . Made the mistake of getting it to go. Instead of the tasteless fries I opted for the cole slaw. Went home opened it up.. The cheese had not been melted at all. WHICH I HATE! THE BURGER , again , VERY WELL DONE AND DRY AND 2X MORE SALTY THAN LAST TIME!.. The cole slaw as well tasted as if someone dumped in a half cup of salt in it.. ruined and .inedible, threw it in the trash.The chili mayonnaise..,disgusting...threw that out as well.The pitiful little tiny cup of their ''famous'' chili was tasteless and ...of course way too salty...that joined it's two friends ,cole slaw, chili mayo,,in the trash.The girls that work there are very nice. But other than that ...I'd rather go to McDonalds. The ''chef'' that works at Dukes has a fixation with SALT! And the so called HUGE portions ....well all I can say is a huge portion of inedible garbage is just that,,,inedible. This place is for the clueless. P.S. fire the cook!

2  Thank Rogue77