“Quite disappointing”
Review of The Duke's

The Duke's
Ranked #63 of 2,195 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Since 2005 David Anichowski opened the Duke’s the first American restaurant by the Ping River in Chiang Mai.David Anichowski loves to eat great food and have a good time with family and friends, it is slogan is “No claims…No Games…Just Great food” A lot of hard work has provided Great food, Great service and Great prices to the customer of the Duke’s The Duke’s sells a lot of fresh beef; we only use imported Australian meat for our steaks, and we buy a lot of products directly from Bangkok. All of our sauces, breads, soups, dressings and cakes are made fresh daily and we cook to order. The American-style food is served in a family-friendly atmosphere The Duke’s has 5 outlets in Chiang Mai and Lamphun, Ping River, Maya Shopping Mall, Night Bazaar, Promenade Mall and Jampha Mall in Lamphun.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was quite disappointed with my lunch at Duke's. I ordered the tuna steak burger and a watermelon juice. The waitress asked how I would like the tuna done, and I said "medium".

When it arrived it was raw in the middle so I asked for it to be cooked a little longer, which they did. However, the bun was dry and inedible and on the whole the burger was disappointing.

The meal was not good enough value for a total of 395 baht.

1  Thank Susan D

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had the chance to try out the Chicken Steak Sandwich along with Onion Rings. The Food was very tasty and a fair value for money.The restaurant had a very good ambience and ideal place for a nice dinner get-together. But they dont provide a free wifi which was a shock to me as many small restaurants in Chiang Mai provide complimentary wifi access.Overall, the place was good and I would recommend people to visit here.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I gotta say, I heard some reviews and since I was going to Chiang Mai over the American Thanksgiving, I made reservations early. I went to the Riverside Duke's (there are several), and so much food came, I was 20 lbs heavier when I left. The Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie's were all awesome. I love ot cook Thanksgiving and I'm a pretty good cook, so this is a review that deserves the rating! I'll be eating there again this November for sure!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food is excellent and the service is very good. The owner is very fair. When we complained about the freshness of the ice cream, the management offered full compensation without even our suggestion. Wonderful pork ribs and pizza!

1  Thank Angela H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

In the middle of the night market and noise of Chiangmai there is a small western restaurant. We got in looking for International,western food for a change after being fed up eating Thai food everyday. The hostess received us very nicely and cordial suggesting us to seat in the second floor because it is cooler than the first floor. A beautifully and well decorated restaurant, the service, food and prices were excellent, a good value for your money. We had a wonderful evening and enjoyed very much. We highly recommend it