“Yah! American Food Done Right!!”
Review of The Duke's

The Duke's
Ranked #164 of 2,395 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Since 2005 David Anichowski opened the Duke’s the first American restaurant by the Ping River in Chiang Mai.David Anichowski loves to eat great food and have a good time with family and friends, it is slogan is “No claims…No Games…Just Great food” A lot of hard work has provided Great food, Great service and Great prices to the customer of the Duke’s The Duke’s sells a lot of fresh beef; we only use imported Australian meat for our steaks, and we buy a lot of products directly from Bangkok. All of our sauces, breads, soups, dressings and cakes are made fresh daily and we cook to order. The American-style food is served in a family-friendly atmosphere The Duke’s has 5 outlets in Chiang Mai and Lamphun, Ping River, Maya Shopping Mall, Night Bazaar, Promenade Mall and Jampha Mall in Lamphun.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As Americans living in Phuket for the past 2 months, we were looking for some good, American food on our visit to Chiang Mai.
We visited the river front location and was greeting warmly and promptly seated.
My boyfriend is from the south, so he ordered the rib platter (240thb) and said they were very good, more than he could eat and he ordered the 1/2 rack. It came with corn bread, baked beans, cole slaw and French fries.
I ordered the scallops wrapped in bacon (430 thb). It came with a salad, grilled veggies and rice pilaf. It was also very good.
We had the carrot cake for dessert and liked it.
We saw other people ordering pizza and it looked really good.
I've tried to order "American" food elsewhere, but its not always right. Like, O'Malleys has mozzarella sticks on the menu but serves it with a side of spicy mayo instead of tomato sauce. Here, its done right and we plan on going back for more!
Of course you cannot compete with the cost of Thai food in Thailand, but this offers a very reasonable alternative.

1  Thank drubano
Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate at The Duke's twice while we were in Chiang Mai. We went back because the food and the service was good. There were seven in our party and I did not hear one complaint about the food and we ordered a variety of foods, burgers, pizza, salads and pasta. It was all tasty and well prepared...I will say that my ribs were falling off the bone with a good sauce...seven in our party and we would all recommend tryingThe Duke's.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Dukes has 2 restaurants in Chiang Mai, on in Chang Khlan Rd in the Night Bazaar and the other onto far away on the l of , D near the Iron Bridge.. This one, the better of the two, s where I went for lunch with Tony, my half Thai/Farang son of my old mate, Bob, from Chiang Rai who died about a year ago. Tony has just graduated with a degree in micr obiology and has been given a scholarship to complete his Masters degree. I knew Tony, like his dad , was good on the tooth and that the Dukes served big meals.

The decor is nondescript but the ambience good and comfortable. The restaurant for lunch on a Friday was nearly full. The service was, good. I had the steak sandwich and Tony had a Cajun chicken hamburger. Both were huge with salad and served with a large pickled cucumber. They were also t does a range of farang food including, steaks, ribs, hamburgers, monster sandwiches , pizzas and pastas. All are good but the ribs are too American for my liking. If you want a large good quality Western meal, the Dukes is the place to go in Chiang Mai.

2  Thank Joe_Lynch_10
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited Dukes yesterday with my Wife and a Friend who was visiting, it had been 12 months since our last visit, my comments 1 year ago were that the food was good but the Staff left a lot to be desired as far as service and friendliness were concerned, but at least with the Farang Chef at the helm as i said the food was good.
Yesterday was a completely different scenario,my wifes Starter was again a Shrimp Cocktail, the Shrimps had an extremely strong Odour and the ''Sauce was hard to see, Main courses, mine, Spare Ribs with chips and Veg, the Chips were 12 in total, the Veg was totally uncooked and the Ribs were Burnt, my Wife had Shrimps in Batter with Chips, only ten chips which were obviously the Frozen thin ones from the Supermarket, no Veg of any sort, the presentation on the plate was abysmal, it looked to have been thrown on from a distance, our friend had a Pizza which looked as if it had just come from the Freezer and Warmed up.( I had previously read that Dukes Pizza was the best available in Chiang Mai, that i think is very very debateable ) So on to the sweet, our friend requested Cheese Cake with ONE SCOOP OF ICE CREAM, got more and was charged 80 Baht extra for the Ice Cream, i had Apple Pie which looked as if it had been around for a while !!
The Heineken has also become expensive at 80 Baht a small bottle.
I have recommended Dukes to several people over the past year, i shall not be doing so in the future, it was extremely poor value for the Money and probably one of the worst meals we have had in Chiang Mai, I am sure that the "Farang Chef is no longer in the kitchen, with Dukes expansion with their other restaurant in town the one by the River has suffered, great pity really.

2  Thank William A
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Chicken fried chicken, fish and chips, onion rings, chicken wings. Really great when your tummy needs a break from spicy thai.