Lowest prices for your stay
$31
Expedia.com$31
Hotels.com$31
Agoda.com$33
1,201 results
All reviews old city central garden round bathtub night market boutique hotel one bedroom suite within walking distance rooftop pool tour desk lovely hotel massage places breakfast buffet an oasis tuk tuk restaurants and bars small balcony small hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was in Chiangmai 23-28 Sept 2012, with my dad. Bodhi Serene is 7-10, minutes walk from the Sunday night market and they provide a shuttle service (only on way) to the night market daily.

I booked this hotel 1-2 months before arrival on agoda.com, at USD100 per night. It is quite a high price to pay, for this (low) season in Thailand. I was prepared to pamper myself and my dad. I was a little upset when I overheard the counter staff quoting the walk-in guests a lower price, 20-25% lower. But my choice to book in advance. That being said, I was expecting better service and cleanliness.

The toiletries were not replenished after the first day. I reminded the reception on my way out, she questioned if there was none left in the bottle. We did not want to take the toiletries home, we just want to have enough to clean ourselves, and not have to call for more supplies showering half way. On the last day, our bath towels were not replaced. We had to go to the house keeping trolley and ask the staff for replacement.

On our second day, my dad and I left the room at different times. On our way to the country side, I found out my dad forgot to remove his keycard (I left earlier) from the key slot. When we returned, we couldn't find the key card. So I went to the reception to ask for one more on our way out to the night market. She refused and said she will only give us when we return from the night market (she did), which I totally do not understand why. She said they are an environmentally hotel and we should not leave the key in the slot. It was a genuine mistake from my dad.

My dad smoked in the balcony. The ashtray was not cleared. We reminded them for 2 days to clear it, which they did, after us asking them to clear. Then we gave up.

Bed sheets were not changed too, until we asked for it.

Breakfast selection was minimal.

Staff forgot to give us morning call for our trip to Chiangrai. They were instructed the day before. Luckily we managed to catch the bus for our day trip.

There are other boutique hotels nearby. Sirilana and Kocha-Sri Thani were on its left and right, within 100m. They look better maintained. Otherwise, guest houses lined the street Bodhi Serene is on.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Hui Ling N
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here for over a week recently and had a fabulous experience.

What makes this hotel is the lovely staff. Everyone is so kind and helpful. Someone even took the initiative (and time) to research a problem I was having with my airline.

My room was great. It was large and had a nice balcony overlooking the hotel's inner courtyard. I know a lot of people have commented on the bed being hard, but I didn't find it so bad. (Of course, after a day walking around Chiang Mai in the heat, I was lucky to be awake at 9 PM.) Also, in response to other comments, my toiletries were replenished as needed and the room was very clean.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel, and I was really pleased with the selection and service.

I hope to return to Chiang Mai within the next couple years, and I will absolutely stay at the Bodhi Serene again. And I have already recommended it to friends planning to visit later this year.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Bethula
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are hesitate about that, just have a try, will not disappoint you. Nice staff, nice hotel, though tiny. They have activities like sharing food with monks, free shuttle bus to night bazarr. Only 5 mins walk to Sunday night market.

Breakfast is a bit expensive, you can easily find something next door, much cheaper.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xia L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked 5 nights but only stayed 1 instead. Yes it is nice and quiet, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good. What lets the place down was the room smelt musty, the bathroom looked like it needed a good scrub as it had stains in the walls as well as mold on the roof. The bed was very hard, so it meant you spent your night changing positions to try and sleep. The room was dark and there was a danger of hitting your shins on the edge of the bed frame when moving around the room.
We have been travelling to a few venues and places during this trip and have seen some really nice places. We are now in a nice 5 star that includes breakfast and dinner at not a lot more cost than what we were paying here.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 597PeterL
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We haven't been blown away by the hotel and it's facilities, however, the wait staff at the bar/restaurant has been so exceptional we would even come back to visit! There is a very genuine care and concern that you don't often get from hotel staff. Gau, one of the waiters, personally went to get my husband a specialty Chiang Mai dish he expressed he wanted to try. As it wasn't offered on the hotel menu, he went to a market that's famous for it before he came to work the following day. His sincerity and absolute joy from surprising and pleasing us was rare and memorable. We've traveled extensively around the world and although other properties have been fancier, what we'll take away from this trip is far more rewarding.

Date of stay: August 2012