Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$31
Hotels.com$31
Priceline$32
eDreams$31
Travelocity$31
Agoda.com$33
1,201 results
All reviews old city central garden round bathtub night market boutique hotel one bedroom suite within walking distance rooftop pool tour desk lovely hotel massage places breakfast buffet an oasis tuk tuk restaurants and bars small balcony small hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here for over a week recently and had a fabulous experience.

What makes this hotel is the lovely staff. Everyone is so kind and helpful. Someone even took the initiative (and time) to research a problem I was having with my airline.

My room was great. It was large and had a nice balcony overlooking the hotel's inner courtyard. I know a lot of people have commented on the bed being hard, but I didn't find it so bad. (Of course, after a day walking around Chiang Mai in the heat, I was lucky to be awake at 9 PM.) Also, in response to other comments, my toiletries were replenished as needed and the room was very clean.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel, and I was really pleased with the selection and service.

I hope to return to Chiang Mai within the next couple years, and I will absolutely stay at the Bodhi Serene again. And I have already recommended it to friends planning to visit later this year.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Bethula
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are hesitate about that, just have a try, will not disappoint you. Nice staff, nice hotel, though tiny. They have activities like sharing food with monks, free shuttle bus to night bazarr. Only 5 mins walk to Sunday night market.

Breakfast is a bit expensive, you can easily find something next door, much cheaper.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xia L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked 5 nights but only stayed 1 instead. Yes it is nice and quiet, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good. What lets the place down was the room smelt musty, the bathroom looked like it needed a good scrub as it had stains in the walls as well as mold on the roof. The bed was very hard, so it meant you spent your night changing positions to try and sleep. The room was dark and there was a danger of hitting your shins on the edge of the bed frame when moving around the room.
We have been travelling to a few venues and places during this trip and have seen some really nice places. We are now in a nice 5 star that includes breakfast and dinner at not a lot more cost than what we were paying here.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 597PeterL
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We haven't been blown away by the hotel and it's facilities, however, the wait staff at the bar/restaurant has been so exceptional we would even come back to visit! There is a very genuine care and concern that you don't often get from hotel staff. Gau, one of the waiters, personally went to get my husband a specialty Chiang Mai dish he expressed he wanted to try. As it wasn't offered on the hotel menu, he went to a market that's famous for it before he came to work the following day. His sincerity and absolute joy from surprising and pleasing us was rare and memorable. We've traveled extensively around the world and although other properties have been fancier, what we'll take away from this trip is far more rewarding.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank SDamrow
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed it. Kids loved the pool and the accommodations were nice. Beds are firm, but the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is wonderful and all staff were very friendly! They also have a complimentary shuttle service to the Chiang Mai night market which was helpful. We would definitely return to this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2012