“Excellent week at the Queen Victoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bon Ca Va

Bon Ca Va
Ranked #51 of 720 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
NYC
“Excellent week at the Queen Victoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed in a deluxe room (typically 800 Baht per night -- reduced to 650 for long-term stay), which was large, comfortable, and very quiet. Although the location isn't right in the center of the Old City, it is convenient to everything you'd want in Chiang Mai. The Thai food at the British pub downstairs is also surprisingly good. All in all, we had a great time here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank RTWTripper09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed at the Queen Victoria Inn for 5 nights in December and absolutely loved it. Fantastic room, in fact it was massive and came with an extra single bed as well, lovely and clean and definately more than what you expect for your money.
The pub downstairs offers really good food and is a nice place to have a beer at the end of a day exploring the city. Everything is within walking distance, the night bazaar, the Sunday walking street,, great location. There is a computer for the use of guests for free if you need to check your emails.
We booked 2 tours through the Queen Victoria and would recommend this service to anyone...if you are not sure which one, definately do the Elephant Nature Park, it should not be missed.
There is not a pool, but they have an agreement with a private swimming club close by and you can pay a discounted rate to use their facilities.

I would recommend the Queen Victoria Inn to anyone wanting a friendly, clean, safe accommodation in Chiang Mai.....and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cazzafree
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

I booked the Queen Victoria through their email. I was reserved a room with no deposit and no hassle. They also discounted the rate since I was staying a week. From arrival to departure every need was met by an attentive staff. Everyone was friendly and that means something extra when you are traveling solo. The rooms were well appointed (cable tv, dvd, a/c, free water, balcony, wifi and minibar). One of the most important parts of my stay was eating breakfast at their restaurant/bar downstairs. Nothing in Thailand has compared with the Queen Vic's breakfast (discouted for guests). They played sports on the t.v. throughout the day and was an enjoyable place to waste away an evening. I enjoyed every aspect of my time at the Queen Victoria.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Very easy going atmosphere, tidy and clean rooms, walking distance to sunday markets(60B tuktuk to night markets)along with decent food. Decided to book the hotel because of the reviews think one hit the nail on the head saying "its a home away from home". Think if you've been to places like Phuket and Bangkok you tend to be weary of overfriendly people but all the staff and the owner are very much geniune, hats off to Pascal and especially Nong, only complaint is that I didn't stay long enough for the sunday carvery:)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank con55
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Queen Victoria Inn in Chiang Mai, initially for one week but were so impressed with the hotel, friendliness of the staff and owner that we stayed an extra week. The rooms are of a really good standard considering the price and we were made extremely welcome by the really friendly staff.The food is both Thai (very good, and I'm a farang) and English with a wide range to suit all tastes. If there is anything you need to be done, either Pascal, the owner, or the staff will go out of their way to make sure it happens and will not try to rip you off on commission or any other "hidden" costs. All in all, a very easy and relaxing place to stay with absolutely no hassle...PS they show any football games which are televised in Thailand too...a Godsend for a Scouser in exile!
Enjoy, I know we did!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
north wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I found all aspects of the hotel to be excellent.Room nice and big with full facilities.Wonderful choice of English and Thai food and a good range of beers.Staff very friendly and helpful.As a former hotelier myself i rate the Queen Vic very highly and definitely worth the money.Staying in the same room again in 2009 which shows you how highly i rate it

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

My partner and I spent our week-long holiday in Chiang Mai. I found Queen Victoria on Tripadvisor and decided to stay with them after reading all the reviews! I'm so glad that it turned out to be better than expected.
The staff there are extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Nong. He was there to help us from the first day till the very last day. He suggested trips for us, got us transport and made sure that we made full use of our time and money! He is an excellent staff. Good job!
The boss is extremely nice to us too! I had to check my exams results from Chiang Mai and was very happy with my grades. I was so excited that I screamed and jumped in the bar. *embarrassed* Needless to say, everyone working there knew about my good news. When night came, we had a couple of drinks. When we wanted to pay for the drinks, the boss Pascal said the drinks were on him for congratulating my exams results. How great is that!!?? Thank you Pascal!!
Oh.. Not forgeting the food. The food is mouth-watering and the quantity is huge. My partner had a full-day breakfast and wasn't hungry till late noon even though we went trekking and white-water rafting that day!
Unless you know exactly what you want to do in Chiang Mai, listen to Nong's suggestions. He can tell you the normal price to pay for each tuk tuk's ride since many drivers will raise the price when they know you are a tourist. Ask him questions and he will try to answer them. Thank you Nong! For making my trip such a wonderful one. Many thanks to everyone else in Queen Victoria.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple