Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$15
Booking.com$16
Priceline$16
Travelocity$15
CheapTickets$15
eDreams$16
All reviews old town nice room lanna style moat gate
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When you check this hotel out on it's website it truly looks amazing for the price quoted. All the pics of the rooms, the layout
and location etc were very nice. On arriving at the hotel everything seemed okay but on closer inspection the room wasn't as clean
as it could have been, the room we got was on the 3rd floor, front of the building and turned out to be a noisy spot at night with busy traffic at most times. We tried to change rooms but all that was available was on the fourth floor in virtually the same position
of the building. The Bed was so hard that I swear it was as if I were sleeping on the floor. The air conditioner could not manage better than 24C and I still have not told my girlfriend about the cockroach that was trapped in the bath tub I saw on the first evening. She was so disgusted with the state of the room that she insisted we go down the street to a general store and buy
cleaning products to clean the room for the duration of our stay. Further to our disappointment with Sira Boutique, hardly anyone at the hotel could speak or understand English and as is commonly done in Thailand they would just smile and say yes to whatever you said to them. The so called security guards at night were sleeping on the couches in the lobby. We would have checked out of this hotel but we resigned ourselves to it for the 5 nights we had booked it and did not want to bother moving or losing money doing so. I would not recommend this place to anyone. We were truly spoiled by our previous hotel experience in Bangkok.

Room tip: don't stay in the front of the hotel as it can be noisy at night
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank anthony f
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked my stay at the Sira Boutique Hotel through Agoda and was slightly disappointed considering the price we paid. The posted pictures of the hotel showed it in a much better light than it actually is. Everything is a little more dated than the pictures, staff were helpful but didn't speak much English
Unfortunately we also booked a tour to the elephant nature park with Golden Roads Travel Tours in MoonMuang Road just around the corner from the hotel. The tour was cancelled at short notice and our money was not refunded

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Slightly disappointed with the Sira. Unlike other reviewers, I found the staff rather indifferent.
The room was sparse, the bathroom was "tired" and in need of some maintenance. I thought it was overpriced for what it offers, compared to say the Amora at Thapae Gate. However having said all of that, it is perfectly acceptable for a couple of nights, which is what I had. To conclude, there are nicer hotels in the vicinity at lower prices.

Room tip: No lift, so ask for a ground floor if you have any mobility issues
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly here and helpful when you need information. The location is a short walk away from the main streets of Chiang mai and if you do want to take a tuk tuk anywhere around the centre its roughly 50baht which is great.
The rooms were clean and had air con and a big tv and was made up for us each day.
Really great place to stay for a little more luxury than the backpacker hostels.
Only downfall is after breakfast they do not serve any other food or drinks and also no indication of breakfast prices. After having just toast and cereal each morning we found out the standard charge was 150baht per person, if we had known this we would have had a lot more for our money. It would be nice to have a little bar available to sit outside the guesthouse.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with good prices. The bed and shower are The highlights. Doesn't have elevator (I stated at the 4th floor, but no problem). Good location, very close to the Sunday walk - really worth the visit!

Date of stay: November 2012