We stayed here in early November and were thrilled with the hotel. It is worth mentioning that this is a boutique hotel and not a 5* tower block chain hotel (which some reviewers seem to have forgotten when reviewing the hotel!).
From the outset, we were impressed with the hotel and staff. We arrived in Chiang Mai on a night bus (long story!) and were much earlier than we expected to be there but the friendly receptionist made as feel very welcome and we were able to have breakfast and use the internet facilities in reception until our room was ready a couple of hours later.
The rooms are fine. They are a little dark with a limited view but are well kitted out and a really good size. The hotel itself has a good sized pool, plenty of sun beds and is about a ten minute walk from Chiang Mai and is well positioned - far enough away for it to be quiet but close enough to be able to walk into Chiang Mai itself and stumble home after dinner! It's around a ten minute walk from the night market and is easy to find again late at night.
The breakfasts are good with a lot of variety. We did have dinner there one night and were a little disappointed with this. The service was good but the food didn't quiet meet the expectations that we had and there are better (and cheaper) places to eat in Chiang Mai itself. It is worth recommending the smoothies though as they were very good.
Checkout was easy. We ordered a taxi to the airport and this was very straight forwards and they gave us a 'take-a-way' breakfast which was good.
I really would recommend this hotel. The service was great, the staff were very friendly and really were prepared to go that little bit further to help. As mentioned above, this is a boutique hotel and for the price, it's a real bargain. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai