“Small friendly hotel, great staff”
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #14 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Perhaps our vision was somewhat clouded by staying in "average" hotels in northern Thailand for a couple of days, but we consider Rimping Village an excellent hotel. The place is small, quiet, looks nice, our room was spacious, nicely decorated and comfortable, breakfast was great with excellent choice and, like others mentioned already, the staff is excellent. The girls speak good English and do everything to help you. One of them even greated me in the 7/11 (though I didn't regognize her, I'm from the reception in the hotel, she said).
Rimping Village is close to the night market, but a bit further from the old city.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The service was exceptional. The staff met us when we arrived at 1am wih big smiles on their faces, helping us to our rooms and welcoming us to Chaing Mai. Very nice staff who are always looking to help you with anything. Rooms were pretty average, but they were clean and a good value. Good breakfast. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here a week ago while in Chiang Mai for a couple days with my girlfriend. The pluses: staff is very friendly and helpful with booking transportation/activites, the rooms are large and clean, the wifi works well, and they serve a decent hot breakfast. The minuses: the property feels 70s-motel old, and needs some updating, especially the interior of the rooms. The large-building-around-pool setup probably lends to my motel impression. Location, a tuk-tuk ride away from the old town, is not ideal, since so much of the rest of Chiang Mai is walkable.

To sum up, while I won't be out recommending the place far and wide, if you got a good deal and you're looking primarily for a no-unexpected-surprises stay, you could definitely do a lot worse.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed 3 nights on our honeymoon and we had a balst in northern Thailand. The staff at Rimping Village made our stay. They were so helpful in booking our excursions, even the last minute night before cooking class, to arranging a driver for the day to take us to the wat's and waterfalls at a great price. The grounds were nice, but could use some updating, but our room was great and tucked away, so we felt really comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Rimping Village and had a lovely stay. The rooms are a decent size and quite comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer. They were more than helpful in booking day trips. Although the hotel is in a somewhat busy area the hotel is quite and very relaxing. Very easy to walk to wonderful restaurants. I prefer smaller hotels and Rimping Village was a very good choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I only stayed in this hotel for 1 night and would have stayed longer if it hadn't been booked out. The staff were my favourite thing about this hotel as they were very helpful. The room was large and I appreciated the bath (even if the bathroom was older style). The pool area was nice. I enjoyed breakfast. The location is a little further away but still within walking distance of the old city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I am sitting outside my room of the Rimping Village right now, relaxing on the terraced area where they have placed very comfortable chairs. It is raining, but I am comfortable and happy, looking out over the pool. I just had a delicious breakfast with excellent latte, fresh fruit, eggs made to order, and lots of other options. My room is huge, the internet has been fast and reliable, the staff accommodating. I am within easy distance to some great areas for walking around, including the night market and many delicious food options? Chiang Mai, as is true seemingly everywhere in Southeast Asia, has a zillion massage places, so I went to one recommended by the hotel where I got an hour long amazing foot massage for $8, and then later on that same day a 90 minute full body Thai massage.

The front desk made arrangements for me to have a tour yesterday, and they also have a fleet of bicycles to loan out to their guests... although, please take care because inexperienced riders may been intimidated by the crazy traffic patterns and bumpy road surfaces.

My only minor quibble was with my shower; only in the sense that the water pressure was so unpredictable here that showering becomes an adventure; shivering cold water that suddenly becomes scalding hot then goes cold again, all within the same minute. So, whatever...

This place is a true gem. 5 stars for sure.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo