“Wnderful Small Hotel Experience”
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #11 of 381 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Wnderful Small Hotel Experience”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We decided to get away from the mega hotels on our trip to Thailand and our tour chose Rimping Village in Chiang Mai. The rooms may not be as luxurious as we are used to but the staff more than makes up for that with their caring attitude and service. It is a picturesque small hotel with good food and a welcome pool. And again I want to compliment the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After reading numerous reviews on here about how friendly the staff are, I was still blown away by how friendly they are. Words cant describe and it really does make your stay so much more enjoyable. The location is great just over the river from most of the tourist destinations, but made for a quieter more relaxed village feel. There are free bikes to hire and we felt comfortable being able to ride them around that side of the river with less traffic. Breakfast is lovely, the rooms are spacious, the pool is nice we never had a problem getting a spot. We had a very noisy family while we were staying there with 3 extremely loud children. The sound does tend to echo and ruin any tranquillity if you wish to relax or read a book by the pool. We were just unlucky and wish this family had of gone to Disneyland instead of Chiang Mai. But couldn’t recommend Rimping anymore and would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stuartclark
Long Beach, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a great time at this hotel...what little time we actually spent at the hotel. They had a very good breakfast and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. It was a little out of the way of the things that we were doing in Chiang Mai but with the city being so cheap, it wasn't difficult to get back to the hotel at all. The grounds are well landscaped and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The shower was great. And no bugs! Overall, no complaints.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor, rated #2 in all of Chiang Mai, and I was not disappointed! Not only was this a charming and relaxing hotel just beyond the bridges into the city, but the service provided by the staff was beyond compare. I travel a fair amount for business, and I've stayed in finer hotels around the world. But never have I received the personalized service that I received at Rimping Village hotel. The staff make you feel as though you are their most important customer, taking time with you to plan activities, transportation and assist with your every need. I want to especially thank Arm and Ing, who I would hire to work for my company if it were only possible! Arm especially went above and beyond - when he saw my disappointment in missing the annual Lantern Festival, he bought a lantern and planned a time when we could launch it from the hotel parking lot. This small gesture meant a lot to me, as I've been hoping to catch this festival for a long time and it never timed out with one of my trips. It's hard to imagine that a Front Desk employee at any other hotel would go to such trouble to meet the specific interests of one guest. And he planned this activity as we were checking in, at which point I was like any other customer at the hotel. So I"m confident that Arm and the staff at Rimping Village take care of every customer in this way. I would absolutely stay at Rimping Village the next time I am in Chiang Mai.

1 Thank Canyontraveller
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at this excellent hotel as part of a Travel Indochina tour of Thailand. The staff were very welcoming, offering to spray us with insect repellent on arrival, and were always attentive throughout our stay. Rooms overlook the pool, and our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a quiet area of town, but only a 10-15 minute walk over the iron bridge to the lively night markets, which offer shopping, eating and entertainment opportunities galore. We would definitely stay here if ever visiting the area again.

1 Thank Annie3974
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Found Rimping Village thru TA and so glad we did! The staff was extremely helpful and the most hospitable we encountered during our two week SE Asia tour. Te hotel itself is nice, clean, and conveniently located within walking distance to everything.

PROS
+ friendly helpful staff who speak very good English
+ arranged our day trip out to the elephant camp for us without hassle or pressure
+ arranged massages for us without hassle or pressure
+ provided box breakfasts when we had to check out early
+ FAST Internet in the lobby as well as wireless access in the rooms

CONS
- shower kept changing from cold to hot which was annoying and at times scalding!

Would definitely recommend this hotel again to anybody traveling thru Chiang Mai!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrBonster
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I love this hotel. It is small, in a garden like setting. The staff all speak English and are extremely accommodating. The breakfast is an excellent buffet which is usually not the case with buffets. It is in a quiet neighbor but close to town. You can walk to the night market and a tuk tuk to town is around 60-80 baht. I would definitely stay here again. We ate lunch here and it was tasty as well. The room is large with a refrigerator. Fresh fruit and bottled water are provided daily. The TV has many channels in many languages if you like to watch TV. There is also a swimming pool. I would only stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple