“Lovely vibrant and friendly guest house”
Review of Green Tulip House

Green Tulip House
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This place is so lovely and so bright. The rooms are lovely bright and clean and the beds comfortable. We had breakfast which is great and has a few choices. The best bit is it served till 3pm!!

Nine the lovely lady who works here is great. She has that mum feel and if you been away for a while reminds you of home. She is so helpful in helping you book things and get the best prices without being pushy she really helped us and also spent ages trying to help us book flights from Bangkok to Guilin!! The rest of the staff are also lovely always smiling. We would definitley stay -they have a same day washing service which is brilliant and the internet is very good and fast.

We went on a one day elephant training day which was fab. Ask Nine and she will tell you which one it was the best day ever.

Green Tulip is located on the east side of the moat and very close to the street where the SUnday market is - a must do.

We would definitely recomment this place and would definitely stay again. I promise if you only book one night here you will end up staying at least 3!!

Thanks to Nine and all the staff for a great stay. We loved staying at the Green Tulip House

Jill and RIchard

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2009

Great little guest house located in the old city walls. Close to the Saturday and Sunday night markets. This was our first experience of staying in a Guest house as we has only stayed in hotels before in Thailand. We were impressed with the hospitality of Stella , Nine and their many helpers who looked after our every need. Food was great, rooms very clean and a great place to meet other travelers . Extremely well priced for both food and accommodation and they also offer assistance to get on various tours at good prices.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2009

After having a fantastic time last year I was curious to see if the Green Tulip House had changed since then. It is still amazing! I was so surprised that Nai remembered me considering how many people must come through this hostel. I was greeted with a hug as soon as I arrived. The hostel facilities are great, but what makes this place amazing are the people. In the last year they have added another full time staff member, Stella, and she is the most energetic optimistic person I've ever met! Just a fantastic personality! When I visit Chiang Mai again it's where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Nine and Stella, thank you so much for giving us such a good time in Chiang Mai. We loved everything about it! If we ever return to Thailand we will certainly come back. Kisses from Sandra, Bob, Lynne en Lissa

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2009

hi i not only want to comment on how brilliant the staff were during my stay, but how incredible they also were afterwards when i had left my phone in one of the rooms but moved on to another part of asia. as i was to be getting my final flight home from bangkok they kindly posted my phone down to the bangkok hostel where i was reunited with it. genuine and kind people. in addition, very very clean, nice food, staff always willing to help and lots of information....one of my favourites of my trip :)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This hostel was great! Very clean, very friendly. They helped us book our activities when we arrived, but not at all in a pushy way. The food was great, the staff was fun. The rooftop was a great place to relax too!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank vonstar19
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My friend and I booked into Green Tulip, Chiang Mai in June and we found the place a cut above the other hostels we have experienced. The ladies, Nine and Stella went out of their way to make my friend and I feel welcome. Our accommodation was very sufficient and the whole place was spotless. Great roof terrace too! We were in Chiang Mai to visit Elephant Nature Park and as I plan to go back there again as a volunteer this Christmas I will make spend another night or 2 at Green Tulip just so I can sample Stella's cooking ( which I unfortunately didn't get the time to do this time.) I would recommend Green Tulip to other people visiting Chiang Mai and if they have a chance to visit the elephants too then 'Elephant Nature Park' is the place to go!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends