- everything is new and works perfectly (aircon, shower, wifi)
- bright, colorful rooms and halls, spacious
- nice common area
- very friendly owners, special mentions to the ladies of the hostel for being so nice to me with my medical issues
- very comfy bed and good pillows
- desk in the room was great
- rooftop will be fabulous place to spend time if they put some more furniture up there
- very good tour information and booking service
- They close the common area and the front door before ten p.m. so if you come in after that you need to ring a doorbell and wake one the owners to get in. That's fine if that's how they want it but you also end up waking up half the hostel since the doorbell rings in all the hallways and it sometimes takes quite a few calls before the owner wakes up. Annoyied and kept us up on several occasions. Please, please invest on a numberlock system or something!
- It was also fairly noise on other occasions as well, the wall are thin as paper and you can practially here everything from the halls and neighbouring rooms. And the rooster next door wants you to get up at four a.m.
- The music in the common area was almost always too loud
- The free breakfast in nothing special, would've been nicer to have just unlimited free tea and coffee than a cup of tea and two slices of paper toast
- Restaurant is not good, eat somewhere else
- Location is not ideal, nothing is close by but fortunately it is easy to catch a shared taxi
Stay if you appreciate cleaniness and newness over character and don't if you want to actually sleep during the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tulip House is a small guest house located in the heart of the historic city of Chiang Mai. The atmosphere is relaxed and social, and our personable staff will be happy to attend your individual needs. We are within a five minute walk of the Sunday Market and many historic temples. We can arrange daytrips for you from a wide daily selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Green Tulip House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Tulip House Hotel Chiang Mai