“Good”
Review of Top North Hotel

Top North Hotel
Ranked #311 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Been going to that hotel since 1989 it's changed alot not much upkeep. Last time I went was 5 years ago and had a big argument with the lady who organises the tour at the front. One lady told me for 800bht we could have a drivers take us wherever all day and gave us some options so she organised tiger kingdom, orchid farm and monkey show. Then I said since we have him all day let's go to the zoo. Went to the zoo and the driver wasn't there when we came out.
We red bussed back to hotel and a different woman was working was angry at us and didn't want to listen to what I had to say, told me that the other woman DID NOT say we had him all day and yelled at us. We had already given the driver extra money for his extra time. I Tried to explain what the other woman had told us and she just kept being rude and arguing literally yelling at us..made me feel sick how bad we wee getting treated.
Didn't want anything to do with them after that. What kind of a person like that works in hospitality and doesn't even listen..crazy. Worst experience at a hotel I've EVER had

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the money. Place was In good location

Staff were so helpful and help us sort out trip, showing us places to go and others

Pool is nice to,

Food was ok,

It was mostly the staff who made my stay amaZing

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night then moved to a nicer hotel.

I found the reception staff very rude. We got a triple room but were only given one key. When I asked for another key I was completely ignored (the staff wouldn't even look me in the eye - it was strange). We were not given a wifi password and when we went to ask for the password the receptionist said "well what the hell did you do with the first password we gave you".

The room was not very clean. Shower curtain was filthy. There were cockroaches everywhere, throughout the hotel.

It is a pretty depressing place to stay.

Yes the location is good, but there are far nicer places to stay for around the same price (we moved to the Imm hotel which was lovely).

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked a room with my fiancee on 5/28/14 at the Top North Hotel. We booked the standard queen room with breakfast for 1,000 thb. We went to take a shower and the water was very cold, we called the reception and they sent a man to look at the water. He looked and left without saying anything to us. We waited for about 20 minutes before calling reception again, they sent another person to look at the water in our room. The second man said that there was no hot water on our whole side of the hotel. We asked to have a room changed to the side of the hotel with hot water, but reception said they were having the water fixed and that it would be ready by morning. The water was ice cold in the morning and all reception said was "Sorry". I do not recommend this place to any westerners. We also found some dried blood in a night stand.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parker H
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here six years ago with my boyfriend and we loved it very much. This time I was travelling allone so I decided to sleep in julies guesthouse which is more for backpackers but I did visit the pool for one day (100 baht if you're not a guest) and it was perfect. There is a restaurant next to the pool but you can also bring your own drinks and snacks. If I'll visit Thailand again I will definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is bare every discription. It is disgusting, dirty and old.

The bathroom looks like it was never cleaned and the furniture is old and dirty.

Only the AC is working but I dont want to know how it is looking in its filtersystem.

This hotel never heard the word maintenance.

It is also very loud here, in every aspect.
The stuff seems to be okay.

I strongly recommend NOT to book here!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Heyn v
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Food was very good,breakfast food poor,staff made you feel uncomfortable as they either talked in Thai and seemed to laugh or had little or no English when trying to get information,bell boy always on phone.room had very good air con in standard room but wooden steps to room were very dangerous especially if you had children or were carrying anything.bar staff were friendly and out of all staff the cat that lived in the hotel seemed to be my highlight.great location for food and bars but if it was cheaper it would be better value.Would stay again but when looking for information,would prefer to deal with the cat,staff to young and very unfriendly.

• Stayed: May 2014