Royal Panerai Hotel Chiangmai
$87
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$105
$252
$376
$340
Agoda.com
All reviewsold cityair conminute walkcheap hoteltuk tukper nightenglish channelsclean towelsbig bedstayed here for nightsclean hotelnight bazaarpleasant stayswimming poolbalconymoattv
Reviewed September 27, 2013

like i said, there's nothing special on this staying , just for a short period in chiangmai, the hotel property is average, good room actually, staffs are not speaking english very well. the location is great, close to the main canal in Chiangmai , i can walk to Thapae gate. there's a convenience store in front. breakfast is not here, you have to go to its sister hotel, about 300 meters away.
please do not stay in the high floor because the water is very weak from the pipe!, better to stay floor 2-3.
there's a free internet here, yes, it's a free!.
there's tour desk at this hotel you can rent a motorbike or car here as well, or even one day trip is possible.
let say, if the price is lower then other, i would select staying here with no doubt.

Room Tip: not the high floor,water is weak!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thepum
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in September. Quite big decent room, comfy bed and a reasonable location where a short journey will get you to most things (7/11 20 yards away). If you can get it for a £10 a night, a 2/3 night stay is fine. Don't bother booking a room inc breakfast because a) it's at the sister hotel, which is fine b) it's the worst buffet breakfast I've had. My 3 rating is based on the same sort of price hotel

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had a knife multifunction work in my beauty case in the bathroom and unfortunately I realized only when I arrived in Bangkok. Is the first time I've been robbed in a hotel in Thailand.
I stayed 15 to 19 September.
I booked a single room with breakfast at the Hotel Royal Panerai almost 50 days prior to my arrival and after they have seen the price paid, they told me that there were no more rooms available. So, they let me have moved to the Royal peninsula hotel. The hotel was very disappointing and old, very unpleasant and unfriendly. The room is very dark even though I turned on all the lamps available.
In addition, each morning, the staff tried to charge me for breakfast, even though I had delivered to them the voucher with the inscription included breakfast. I trusted the published photos of the room, while the reality was very disappointing!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a good hotel At a very reasonable price. The Internet is good and the location is within walking distance all the action. I easily walked to the night market but for those who don't want to hike it, it's a short tuk tul ride there. Save your money on the hotel and spend it on some great tours.

Room Tip: Go for the cheaper rooms with the queen beds unless you absolutely have to have a king bed. Other than that the rooms should be similar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at Royal Panerai, althought it's a 15 minute walk from all the night life.

My double room was large and had everything you'd need: large comfortable bed; air-con; TV; fridge; bathroom and balcony. There was plenty of storage space for luggage too.

The staff seemed nice but didn't speak the best English. don't bother booking any tours through the married couple who sit in reception at the travel desk, they are useless. I booked a taxi to the airport 2 days before and thought it would be a good idea to re-confirm it was coming on the morning. But she just said 'he is unavailable today'. Well it's a good job I checked then isn't it, otherwise I'd be running around at the last minute looking for a tuk-tuk.

Whilst the hotel was fine, there was no breakfast, restaurant or pool etc. My friends stayed at Top North Hotel which was a lot more central and had all these things for a similar price, so check that place out first before booking here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo