“Best hotel service I've ever received hands down!”

Rux-Thai Guest House
Ranked #241 of 732 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Saint Joseph, MO
“Best hotel service I've ever received hands down!”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Rux-Thai is a quiet, comfortable guest house located just minutes from the Thae Pae Gate and a reasonable 10-15 minute walk to the popular Night Market. The rooms are all decorated in Traditional Thai style and were exceptionally clean. Rooms include private Western toilet and shower with warm water, air conditioning, fan, tv with cable/sat, and fridge. Mattress is the traditional Thai style--very firm and only about 3" thick, but surprisingly comfortable.

The staff was increadible. Everyone was quite friendly and spoke very good English. The women who cleaned the room daily were completely trustworthy. The restaraunt had the most amazing food at very reasonable prices (my husband and I never paid more than $3.50 USD for both of us to eat a full meal). Though there is no swimming pool on site, we were able to use the pool a block away at the Lai-Thai guest-house as the same person owns them both.

Aside from all this, you cannot beat the price. My husband and I stayed in the low tourism season (April--hot, dry season) so the price was only 490 Baht/night ($15.32 USD/night at the current exchange rate)! Best deal ever! Would definately recommend to anyone staying in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JamesAndi M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I am not sure what the other guy was talking about (comment dated June 14, 2007.) I visited Chiang Mai and stayed at the very same guest house. The staff was very friendly and the place was nothing like what the comment said. It was clean and nicely decorated. The prison like atmosphere was far from real. The price was reasonable and it was not noisy like other places at all. The room walls are decorated with bamboo!! They don't have a swimming pool but I was able to use one at LaiThai one block
away as a special privilege for guests staying at RuxThai. I checked out
other guest houses in the area and decided that Rux Thai was the best option
and I ended up not regretting making that decision. I highly recommend
RuxThai to any one.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank seeNski
Sydney
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My sister and I stayed at this guesthouse in July. We booked our room online through their website, as this guest house was recommend to us by our good friend. When we got there we were surprised that there was no other charges, beside the room price (which is only 550.-Baht per night). The pick up at the airport was free of charge.

As we entered the room, it was clean, spacious, felt private, and the lighting was kinda nice, giving a warm feeling. We stayed there for 4 nights, and the whole time there the staff were friendly and helpful to us. The breakfast was delicious and not as expensive as we thought.

Also, this guest house is located in a small road (making it quiet) but still close to all the actioins in Chiang Mai. We walked from Rux-Thai to the Sunday Markets and the Tha Pae Gate using only about 5 minutes, and the Night Bazaar is only a few meters away. We really had a good time in Chiang Mai and thanks to Rux-Thai for making our stay pleasantable.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank kiki23781
Sydney
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I highly recommend this guesthouse because its room is very clean, quiet, and it has spacious toilet & shower room. I really like to shower here because the water runs very strong, unlike the other guest house I stayed before where its water runs like "out of breath". The room was cleaned daily, and the maid who cleaned my room was a nice honest lady. The staff were very friendly and gave good suggestions about activities we can do in Chiang Mai. If in the future, I come to visit Chiang Mai, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank a1881388
Berlin
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I had a great time during my stay in the Rux Thai Guesthouse. I enjoyed the good service and the owners were friendly. The double-room where we stayed was in second floor. It was big, bright, clean and very cheap (only 500 THB). Otherwise, the Rux Thai Guesthouse has a great location. It takes only about less than 10 min. to get to the airport by car and only 10 min. to walk to the big night-bazar as well as to the weekend-market. Although this guest house is situated in a narrow street, it is safe there because the police is passing by very frequently and there is always somebody at the reception of the hotel for 24 hours. It could be uneasy to find it on your own but a tuktuk taxi driver will get you there without problems. Oh! yes, they also have a free pick-up service from the airport if you book in advance. Hope you also have a nice stay in Chiang Mai:-)))

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank kuanmaki
Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I stayed at this guesthouse as a last resort after a booking fell through elsewhere. I booked a double room through a travel agent at Chiang Mai airport for 500B a night. I was very unimpressed with the place, the toilet kept running, the rooms were very spartan and there were holes in the linen. Yuk! My partner and I left asap and I suspect many people only stay here one night for good reason. That said the service and location were fine.

• Liked — Service was fine
  • Disliked — Hideous prisonlike atmosphere
  • Stayed May 2007